more sad news RIP Gregg Allman

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I was walking down the hallway of my dorm at college in the Fall of '71, when someone dropped the needle on side one of Live at Fillmore East. I spun around, walked into the room, introduced myself and said "who is that?".
And if it didn't happen that way it happened when you turned on your favorite FM station and they were in the middle of "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" and you had to stay tuned until the end to find out who it was.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's so unfair... old guitar heroes die faster on us than I can get a message posted on this forum. :blue:

Ginger

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It's so unfair... old guitar heroes die faster on us than I can get a message posted on this forum. :blue:
Ginger

You'll probably be in "real time" by now, only the first few posts are vetted by moderators to screen out "spam generators", and other "artificial entities".

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Jessica is one of the coolest instrumental songs I have ever heard. Is that Gregg on the piano solo? Really just fabulous groovy to the ultimate music.
nah, it is "Chuck Leavell's piano work is much on a par with Nicky Hopkins' work for the Rolling Stones".

and I had no idea Duane had already died 2 years prior. Dicky Betts, wow.

Last edited: