Guild Blues 90 serial number check

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased a used Guild Blues 90 guitar and it looks like this is the place to go to get date information based on the serial number which is:
CL002453

If someone can help me determine when and where it was built, I'd be grateful.

I had a Bluesbird for several years...... sold it...... regretted it.
I was browsing in a music store yesterday and was surprised and excited to find this Blues 90 hanging on the wall.
Guild chambered body guitars are wonderful.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Kelly

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased a used Guild Blues 90 guitar and it looks like this is the place to go to get date information based on the serial number which is:
CL002453

If someone can help me determine when and where it was built, I'd be grateful.

Hello Kelly,

Welcome! That particular instrument was completed during the year 2000 in Westerly, RI.

Hope you will enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG, Kelly! Congratulations on the Blues 90 - we'd love to see some pictures!

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
We love Bluesbirds. And -90s. And all the Guilds!

Welcome and do post pics. We love pics.

Reaction score
I have some pics on my hard-drive...how's the best way to get them posted here??

Thanks
Kelly

Reaction score
Hi,

My first post, glad to be part of this passionate community!

I have the same question for a Guild Blues 90 I am considering, the serial number is CL002514. Is this guitar also from the Westerly factory? Can anyone give me an idea about the neck profile of these guitars by any chance?

My plan is to change the pickups if I get the guitar, and maybe have an ILITCH noise cancelling system installed. Is there anything in the construction of these guitars that would make this undoable? I'd be happy to hear any opinions.

Best wishes

beinhard

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hei, og velkommen til LTG!

Newcomers are very welcome here, but you might get more response by starting a new thread, and even more if you post a picture of the guitar :)

I am pretty sure this is from Westerly. CL002453 mentioned above is a 2000 and my CL002695 is a 2001 so should be in between. Hans will know.

B90s usually have quite thick necks, mine certainly do.

The B90 has a rear electronics compartment similar to (but not exactly like!) a Les Paul, so I guess such installation could be possible, if you change the pickups.

Is this a guitar for sale here in Norway? Not many of them here.

beinhard

Reaction score
Very nice to have a warm welcome :)

The guitar is in US actually, I will be traveling soon, and I am planning to come back with this red B90. I haven't seen many of them here as well.

Glad to hear about the thick neck. From what I see online, I get the impression that B90 is not that close to a P90 Les Paul, but more a bluesy beauty on its own. I feel it may be a favorite, and a great performing instrument, especially if the hum problem is solved.

I will definitely post pictures once I return with the guitar.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hei, og velkommen til LTG!
"What he said" :friendly_wink:
I am pretty sure this is from Westerly. CL002453 mentioned above is a 2000 and my CL002695 is a 2001 so should be in between. Hans will know.
Also, remember the s/n prefixes were changed in Corona so if it's a "CL", it's a Westerly.
They used "CM" in Corona, see post #326 in this thread (don't worry, it's on the last page, LOL!):
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...luesbirds-Owners-amp-Long-Time-Borrowers-List
They were building electrics in Corona before the close of Westerly in '01, but the s/n tells you where it was really made.

Reaction score
That's good to know - I don't know if the exact year makes a difference, but I'm glad it's from Westerly.

Thanks for the link, those are some really nice maple tops.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
That's good to know - I don't know if the exact year makes a difference, but I'm glad it's from Westerly.
On the electric side both facilities are held in very high regard. There are only minor spec variations that may steer somebody toward one or the other and most if not all of those are covered in that thread.
Thanks for the link, those are some really nice maple tops.
YEs, so sad some of the best pics have been removed from visibility by Photobucket.
It's been a recent source if anger from many users, they're literally holding folk's images hostage for ransom now, without ever giving advance notice.

Last edited: