IL Guild Restoration

Reaction score
I have a '66 Guild TD-100 with a Starfire neck that my uncle purchased new. I am wanting to have it restored but, do not want to take it to just anyone. I am wondering if there is a good repair/restoration place in central IL or in the Chicago area. I can send pictures if needed.

Thanks!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know about Illinois or Chicago (though I used to live in Chicago in the 90s and visit for months at a time).

Since we're talking about an electric Guild, I highly recommend shipping your guitar to Tom Jacobs. His forum name here is "fixit" and I've sent him several electric guilds and his work on them has been nothing short of miraculous. and even when you factor in the $150 or so extra cost of shipping back and forth, his more than reasonable rates have made up for it.

But here's where the real savings happen: you won't have to pay one business to do a job, then have them do work that passes as worth being paid for but still isn't what you were hoping for and then have to pay a second business to do it "right". The cost of fixing up a guitar goes through the roof when you find someone that is "pretty good but not good enough." It took me years and years to figure this out.

If you send your guitar to fixit. He'll give you a complete assessment and you are much more likely to be a happy camper.

Last edited: