Analog Man- Joe Walsh

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Go this CD a few days ago. It's growing on me. As I browsed the "record" sleeve ( Is it called that still ), I found a few well known folks helped out.

Joe plays Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, and drums. ( I didn't know he could ! )
Jeff Lynn ( ELO , Traveling Wilburys ) played multiple instruments on much of the tracks and helped produce it.
Ringo plays drums on track 3 and 5
David Crosby and Graham Nash sing on track 6

Here is a YouTube link to the album, if you want to check it out.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Agreed - a great album, but too short! 37 minutes - leaves you wanting more, I guess...

Crosby and Nash in the same room before their recent "separation"...

walrus

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think there are the usual 10 tracks, but it does seem to end short. I'm used to closer to 45 min on an LP.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I think there are the usual 10 tracks, but it does seem to end short. I'm used to closer to 45 min on an LP.
On early to mid '60's "pop" LPs 15-18 minutes of material per a side was common, but the gaps between several cuts always meant that total time to listen to a side averaged about 20 minutes.
Then as sophisticated compositions and extended jams became the order of the day, times rose above 20 minutes per side, but I think a 33 is being pushed to its limits at about 25 minutes on a side.
I started noticing a "shortening" trend in the '80's, 17-18 minutes a side was becoming common again as pop music reverted back to shorter video-friendly tunes.
What's funny is that as a kid in high school, when my buddy and I would jam, we'd tend to naturally "end it" at around 20 minutes per "set".
One day when we started wondering why our "internal timers" were so consistent, it only took us a couple of minutes to realize we were probably subconsciously programmed by all the LPs we'd listened to over the years.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
always liked this version of Walk Away, before he changed the intro and the solo. https://youtu.be/l_4iQDYDVNo
this is pre radio version. most likely from a gig in cleveland.