gave my "Guildsby" a good polishing.......

grayghost53

Reaction score
I spent part of my 4th of July removing and then my "Guildsby" giving a serious polishing. it shined up very nicely. waiting on my strings to go back together with the new roller bridge.
IMG_0035_zpsvxzuk5wb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

grayghost53

Reaction score
I used jeweler's rouge on the first step of polishing and finished up with Happich Semi-Chrome. I discovered the Happich product in 1968 when my older brother was rebuilding a 1961 BMW R-60. he bought a used engine from a machinist in Flint Mich and included in the crate was a tube of Semi-Chrome. over the years, on motorcyles and sports cars where they used a lot of aluminum alloys it works superbly. these "Guildsby" are actually smoothed very nicely from the factory. but like any aluminum/alum. alloy they positively come to life with a good buffing with this product. I have NEVER used a polish that is it's equal. the proof is in the pudding- the photo speaks for itself- started out nice and smooth, but now it could pass for chrome.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice timing. My Mustang now moves under it's own power. First time in about 20 years. I just need to get the front and rear glass in, and it can be washed for the first time. Then, it's time to wax and polish the shiny bits !

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found it on Amazon - it's actually Simichrome. Thanks!

Simichrome is what they had us polishing our belt buckles with at the Air Force Academy, back when I was a cadet. It's awesome stuff, but takes many applications to polish a belt buckle by hand. Try it on an old penny. It works wonders!