what kind of bass strings are these?

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
what do I have?

silver/grey ribbon at the tuners, gold rings behind the bridge. they are flats, fairly beefy gauge-wise.

thanks!

mellowgerman

Reaction score
I feel like I remember Dean Markley flats having silver-ish silk at the end... as far as I know though, they haven't been available for years.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thanks! odd they have not been available for a while, this set seems new and barely played at all. thank you sir!

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Hmmm, did they come on a used bass? Or how did you end up coming across them?

EDIT: Oooooo! Did they come on whatever bass has the DarkStar from the other thread? Do tell! ☺ And of course photos please!!!

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, did they come on a used bass? Or how did you end up coming across them?

EDIT: Oooooo! Did they come on whatever bass has the DarkStar from the other thread? Do tell! ☺ And of course photos please!!!

the Dark star from the other thread is not mine, its a (JS-1 1972) bass for sale on reverb.
see here-

http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...dition-JS-1-w-Dark-star&p=1767337#post1767337

the strings I asked about came from the bass that had the Hagstrom Bisonic pickup with all of the metal particles on the magnets! which Hans also ID'd for us as the Bisonic. It is a 1970 JS-2 with Hagstrom Bisonic in the neck and Hagstrom mini-humbucker in the bridge. the second one I have acquired with that pickup configuration. more on that one later!