first impressions of my roller bridge conversion

grayghost53

Reaction score
just thought i'd share my experience in fitting a roller bridge on my mod. III. I guess anyone who was interested has read my post/ seen the photos of the bridge as I modified it. well, now I have the guitar strung and here's my thoughts from playing before and after. I have slightly more height adjustment over the stock- it's slight, but it's there due to post lengths I went to. the intonation on the roller bridge was spot-on, right out of the box. I centered the bridge on the post locks (front and rear allen screws) measured and placed the bridge, strung up with my string of choice with a plain G rather than wound. and amazingly I had no adjustment to make on the individual saddle/rollers. it may be my imagination but I think I can see an improvement in overall sustain, especially mid-range and upper frequencies. there just seems to be better articulation- now i'm also having to take into consideration the new strings, but I'll have to see if the sustain impression maintains as the strings set/get played in. the biggest difference is in using the "Guildsby" and it is like daylight and dark. the roller bridge smooths out pitch changes with no "catching" or "grabbing", and returns to pitch without complaints- no "nose dives" here, but most of us are looking for that "quavering" Bigsby effect. add a little tube driven reverb and it is tasty indeed. so for about $30 and several hours of trial fitting etc, then polishing out there is a significant improvement from every perspective as a result of this modification.
have a great weekend.
IMG_0037_zpsvv6yoz7t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]