1992 Guild JF4-NT Specs needed

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking into purchasing a Guild Jumbo, and am trying to find the specs on a 1992 Guild JF4-NT.

Tried the Westerly Guild Guitars site, with no luck.

Do they have a 3-piece neck?

What is their neck shape, and nut width?

Any other specs out there?

Thank you.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have the (relatively) rare 12-string version - a magnificent (and large) guitar.

Here's one page with a little more info.

A trip through this forum using the search feature (try "JF4NT") will also yield some info.

Good luck in your hunt. I've toyed with picking one up to match my 12-string and I know they don't come up too often.

Reaction score
Thank you! I can't access the link at work, but will check it out when I get home. Appreciate the help.

I'm looking for a F50R, or maybe a f30R, a JF55, or JF4. Seeing some nice prices on the JF4. :)

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG!

Specifications for the JF-4 probably included a nut width of 1-11/16", which was standard for most Guild acoustics (6-string) during that period. Guild necks tend to be C-shaped in profile. However, much of the shaping of the neck was done by hand (using templates, but...) so there was some variability from instrument to instrument. I have had '90s Guild acoustics with very slender neck profiles, and also with much thicker profiles. I also own 3 that have nut widths much closer to 1-3/4"... So, if width and shape are big concerns, you might have to try a few to find one that works for you. Just because one JF-4 has a neck might be to narrow or too thick, another of the same model (even the same year) might be more to your liking...

I don't recall if the JF-4 had a 3-piece neck... it might be listed in my copy of Beesley's book (I'll check when I get home). Or, perhaps Hans Moust will chime in...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you both for your help. Tried replying earlier, but don't see it.

Looking for a JF4, JF55, F50R, or F30R. Basically looking for a cannon with a 1-11/16" nut. Appreciate the tips. Wish me luck!