Aurora Borealis forecast for Northern states tonight

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll be watching, the skies are clear here in West Michigan. Nothing like a good Northern Lights show!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Dreadnut,
We're going to be in Duluth, then Marquette, Michigan around the 1st of August. What are our chances of seeing the Northern Lights?

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dreadnut,
We're going to be in Duluth, then Marquette, Michigan around the 1st of August. What are our chances of seeing the Northern Lights?

Just check out spaceweather.com. They'll let you know!

"A CME [coronal mass ejection] hit Earth's magnetic field on Sunday, July 16th, sparking more than 18 hours of almost non-stop geomagnetic storms. With storm levels reaching category G2, auroras spilled over the Canadian border into northern-tier US states such as Washington, Wyoming and Minnesota. The display was even better in the southern hemisphere, especially New Zealand...."​

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Nothing to report from the far northwest corner, 15 miles south of the Canuckistan border.
I was up and out three times during the night and saw nada. Since I was up anyway, I used the bathroom, too.

Nice third quarter moon, though! :encouragement:
Joe

idealassets

Reaction score
Report sais Northern Lights showed up in WA, WY, & MN. Was supposed to be in MI but no one saw any according to facebook friends.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Dreadnut,

A photo was posted on the Duluth News TV station last night of a spectacular shot taken over Lake Superior.

I was too tired to go down to my dock with my camera last night. Guess I missed out. Snooze you lose as they say.:frown:

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Too much light pollution here (as always). 90% cloud cover didn't help much.....