What are our alternatives to photobucket?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm late to this party, imgur I tried posting from here it did not work neither did Dropbox or google .

I understand that the pay options are out there but honestly and I say this to who ever runs/owns LTG that I and possibly others might rather pay a bit to the forum for photo storing capabilities if necessary. My other music site has the option and always did never did storage issues come up as a money issue and one guy goes it all and no he's not rich lol
There is a image limit if 5 per post that's it .

As I read the posts those talking about all the photos/data lost over the years because of sharing sites all going Big brother on us . It makes sense as well as being beneficial for LTG to opt in to providing direct uploading of images .

Just my 2 cents . :)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, Ray. I've meant to speak with Don about this. I'm not sure if he's coming to Arlington this year, but if he is I'll bring it up. I appreciate the feedback, but I wouldn't have high expectations on this. I'd suggest figuring out imgur for the moment and proceeding that way.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Posted from imgur.

Medium thumbnail.

ZyGi7pQm.jpg

Large thumbnail.

ZyGi7pQl.jpg

Huge thumbnail.

ZyGi7pQh.jpg

Original size.

ZyGi7pQ.jpg

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, folks, I opened up the FAQ thread to allow you to contribute directly. Please add your instructions/comments/whatever directly there, and I will close it and edit it for content in a few days.
Thanks much for the help!!!! (in advance). -- Chaz

p.s./ i.e., don't post your instructions here, this has been a great thread but is not the reference FAQ... Follow the link above to the reference thread.

Again, thanks in advance.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'd used Photobucket here since '05 or so, never a problem other than the past couple of years I'd found it growing more unresponsive. It had become slow and there seemed to be more and more ads. I hadn't actually attempted to use Photobucket much, if at all the past year or so, but last month I wanted to sell a couple of guitars. As always, I went back to Photobucket in order to display pictures of those guitars, but this time found Photobucket completely useless. "Dreadnut" had highly recommended imgur.com and I've found it to be simple to use, fast and easy for even a technologically challenged geezer.

West

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The same question occurred to me. It probably has to do with economics. Would you be willing to pay a membership fee to get that service?

"Yes", but there's also the potential of being held accountable for directly hosting copyrighted images or other potential liabilities related to image hosting whether copywritten or not.
Witness the furor Facebook and some other platforms have experienced recently causing them to revise their posting content restrictions.

fredcapo

[-BANNED-]
Reaction score
Why is there no “attach files” button on some of the forums?..

fredcapo

[-BANNED-]
Reaction score
Thanks for responding... I tried to insert/attach a photo in the buy and sell, and also in the ebay auction forums. Pretty sure there was no “attach files” button.

Also in my way of thinking, “attach files” and “insert photo” are different actions

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Use your icons. If you hover over the picture icon it says "Insert Image". You can also just drag an image to the editing box and magic will happen. I agree that attach files and insert image can mean different things but you seem to have given up too quickly.
Capture.JPG

fredcapo

[-BANNED-]
Reaction score
...hover over icons...

I am using an ipad (not helicopter). Are you saying if on a PC, hover with mouse will pop up “attach files” button...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
...hover over icons...

I am using an ipad (not helicopter). Are you saying if on a PC, hover with mouse will pop up “attach files” button...

Windows 10 laptop. "hover" is a common user interface term to move the cursor over something on a screen and just let it sit there. In many user interfaces that will trigger some pop up text that will describe what is being hovered over.

On the PC hovering over the picture Icon will tell you that pressing it will Insert (an) Image. Pressing it will pop up a dialog that allows you to insert an image. Well designed user interfaces that use Icons will have a way, besides the manual, to tell you what happens when you press each particular icon.

Since vocabulary seems to be important let's just say that you cannot Attach Files here. You can Insert Images and one way to do so is pressing the Insert Image icon which is supposed to suggest "picture" to the user.

Since you are on an iPad this all may be irrelevant or useless. I know iPad users have been able to Insert Images. I just can't find out how they did so as quickly as I would like.

fredcapo

[-BANNED-]
Reaction score
So I guess I didn’t give up THAT quickly after all...had my finger hovering over my ipad till it got tired. Durn ipad...never trusted Apple anyway... So then ipads are not fully supported here...or were not Beta tested...