Help with NS M-75 volume and tone pots

Reaction score
I have an M-75 reissue. If it makes any difference, the bridge isn't pinned and Guild said it was made during the Fender era. The volume and tone controls are very abrupt, and the tone controls really affect the volume. Is there any consensus on how prevent this is? And is there a recommended solution? If this has been covered before, please point me in the right direction. I apologize for not being able to find the thread.

Regards

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
If all the volume rolls off between about 7-10 then drops to nothing, that sounds like a '50s vs. modern wiring thing. It's easy to change if you're handy with a soldering iron, but it will also change the treble rolloff when lowering the volume.

Reaction score
Thank you, is there anywhere you are aware of that has a schematic of the wiring change? Also another follow up question. Anyone know if the current wiring harnesses from Guild/Cordoba resolve this issue, or are they the same ones as the Guild/Fender guitars?

Reaction score
I was able to get a wiring diagram .PDF from Fender. I cannot post attachments yet

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I was able to get a wiring diagram .PDF from Fender. I cannot post attachments yet

Welcome aboard Mrd, youcan't post attachments on this forum, but you can post a link to the PDF if it's hosted somewhere.
Needs to be stored at the image hosting service of your choice then if you like you can use the "insert image" function*** in the posting window toolbar to allow it to show up in your post.
***it's the little square icon in the toolbar.

grayghost53

Reaction score
you might check with stewmac they offer some really nice Emerson Pro pots. I installed a set on my firebird clone, and boy did they make a major improvement.

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer to host the wiring diagram, It's on it's way. I took the guitar to Twin town Guitars in Minneapolis. They talked me out of modifying the wiring, but I did get a stewmac compensated wooden bridge installed. I actually like having a guitar with less sustain.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here you go:

NS-M75-Aristocrat-Wiring-20130115_1600.jpg