NGD!! Non-Guild Content

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, it finally happened!! I got my BLUE guitar! This is the one I've been GASing for well over a year now. HUGE BIG shout out to txbumper57 for being diligent and giving me a heads up on this Musician's Friend Open Box find. THANK YOU!!

So I got Express Shipping and it arrived yesterday afternoon at 2 pm. I was pacing looking for that brown truck, almost drove myself crazy! It's kinda warm here and I had no idea how long it had been on the truck but the box was kinda warm so I just took the case out of the box and then left for Happy Hour because I kept circling like an insane person. Got back 3 hours later and opened it up. This guitar is SO beautiful and the sound is much more than I could've hoped for! For such a small guitar it's got a nice punchy bass, but still even across the whole range. A warm and full sounding guitar with a Sitka Spruce top, with local Oregon Myrtlewood back and sides. It's the limited edition with the beautiful gray/blue stain and a killer burst on the top. Satin neck, ebony pinless bridge and fretboard.

I promise to take more and better photos soon!! I give you my Breedlove Oregon Concert Rogue!!

xsxIrk.jpg

8ONrkZ.jpg

9s39yZ.jpg

pWpzin.jpg

Yfw5bP.jpg

This thing is SO shiny and my photography skills suck, but suffice to say it's WAY better looking in real life and it sounds even better than it looks!! I'm pretty darned sure this one's a keeper!!

Thanks again to TX for the assist and heads up on this one!!

Last edited:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, that's just downright gorgeous. Major congrats!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations, Tom! Looks like a beauty. Play it in good health!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom, congratulations!! I know you have been talking about that guitar for a while - that is a beautiful blue finish! Enjoy! :applause:

And stop pacing now...

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! I saw the pics and thought, "Man, Tom would love that!" LOL

And yes, TX is the enabler's enabler. I think we should all pitch in and buy him this:

enabler_t_shirt-re020bc20853841b7b7fc576217a9f904_jy599_324.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks guys. I'm just so giddy. Having fun with a new guitar is like..... well... I don't have to tell YOU ALL, do I?? Making comparisons and doing all kinds of stuff I haven't done in a while to put it through it's paces. Good for me and I'm sure good for the guitar. It's nice to know that this guitar hasn't had a home yet and someone to DRIVE the music from it. I'm so impressed with it's resilience! I mean I'm used to driving the big boys (dreads) a little hard and the smaller ones kinda break down a bit when pushed too hard. This one seems to have some kind of "self-limiting" magical powers. I hit it HARD and it just responds.... not with the volume, but without breaking down at all. Does that make any sense? Not sure I'm saying it right. Anyway, I'm loving this.

Now back to playing!! Thanks for all the good words my brothers and sisters!! :encouragement::encouragement:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is Gorgeous Tom! I am so glad that you got the opportunity to get this Guitar. This is the model you have been chasing for quite some time now. I'm glad I could help out however little it was and hope the two of you get the chance to have some quality time together. My favorite thing about buying a new guitar is personally setting it up once it settles in to its new environment and playing it through the break in period. It is like a long drawn out first date where you get to know the guitar and the guitar gets to know you. That is when the two of you get the opportunity to truly bond with each other. Congrats Amigo, Like I said earlier it is flat out Gorgeous and I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

TX

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations, Tom!
I am sure it plays and sounds great. It will probably sound even better through your next amplifier purchase.
ccozad-smiley.gif

Myrtlewood back and sides - one of my favorites! Breedlove did such a nice job on the coloring and finishing.

May you both age gracefully, together.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations, Tom!
I am sure it plays and sounds great. It will probably sound even better through your next amplifier purchase.
ccozad-smiley.gif

Myrtlewood back and sides - one of my favorites! Breedlove did such a nice job on the coloring and finishing.

May you both age gracefully, together.
Thanks for talking me down the other evening..... LORDY!! I was so giddy from my impulsive purchase that it was probably painful for you. I tried to focus.... I really did!! LMAO!!

Oh no.... another purchase!! But I have to listen to it through SOMETHING, you know?? :encouragement::encouragement:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I saw the pics and thought, "Man, Tom would love that!" LOL

And yes, TX is the enabler's enabler. I think we should all pitch in and buy him this:

enabler_t_shirt-re020bc20853841b7b7fc576217a9f904_jy599_324.jpg

Thanks for the thought GAD! Yes I am the Enabler's Enabler (say that 5 times really fast):wink-new: and I take that as the highest compliment that can be given from other like minded guitar individuals. The shirt is a cool idea but I have another that would be really cool as well. Maybe one of you high ranking LTG Super Mods could change the title of "Senior Member" over my Avatar Photo to "Enabler's Enabler", :triumphant:LOL!

TX

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice. I like it. But I am getting a sense of deja vu abiut the fabric on the ottoman(?) under the TV. :)

Play it in good health. Nothing like a new guitar to ratchet up the enthusiasm for all things guitar.