NGD!! Non-Guild Content

Neal

Reaction score
Congrats, Tom!

So, if it is an Oregon Concert Rogue, does that mean that you have to drive north if you really want to play it with wild abandon?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
frono, that damn ottoman has been around for years. It was one of those .... you know the spools that cables come on? They just cast them off sometimes and we used to put casters on them and them upholster them with a fun fabric and YAAAY people bought them!! This one was from leftover fabric that some lady had for a project or something, I can't really remember. So we used it on that and ..... we moved, it didn't sell. Now we're STUCK with it. Not exactly a fabric I'd choose but.... hey.....

And Al, sorry to get back with you so late, bro...but there's no bridge doctor in this guitar. I'd heard that about Breedloves back in the day but this is a traditional build as far as I can tell at this time. Flashlight inspection tells me it's pretty traditional, okay? If and when I change the strings and look around I'll let you know but.... normal guitar as far as I can tell. Except for EXCEPTIONAL sound. This guitar is amazing. To look at and to play. I'm super happy.

Now back to my new thing. There's nothing better...... :smiley_simmons:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Just seeing this now, Tom. Congratulations on scoring a blue guitar! :smug: High-end Breedlove's are amazing guitars. I played a friend's once and was astounded at how tight and incredibly live the tops are. I still recall how much sound resonated from the sweet spot just behind the bridge.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, jp!! Honestly, this guitar sounds so great. I'm having such a good time with it. And it's a really nice BLUE!! HAAAAA HAAAAA!! :encouragement:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Tom, I too, somehow missed this until just now. Congrats!! Now that's a blue even I could like and I do. Having the wood grain show through that subtle finish, is what works for me.

Breedloves are great guitars.

and....I'm kinda surprised that you went for a small concert sized body.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....I'm kinda surprised that you went for a small concert sized body.
Terry, I actually have a "no more dreads" rule going on here. I've really got that covered with two of the best with maple and rosewood. And the smaller bodied guitars are more comfy to play sitting, which I do. So I doubt I'll have any more big guitars, but..... you know what they say about rules! LOL!!

My Taylor is a concert size and I end up playing it more for JUST THAT REASON! :encouragement:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Terry, I actually have a "no more dreads" rule going on here. I've really got that covered with two of the best with maple and rosewood. And the smaller bodied guitars are more comfy to play sitting, which I do. So I doubt I'll have any more big guitars, but..... you know what they say about rules! LOL!!

My Taylor is a concert size and I end up playing it more for JUST THAT REASON! :encouragement:

What Taylor do you have? I played an 812 in a local store many years ago and it was magnificent. They're SO pricey, though. I hemmed and hawed then went back to buy it and it was gone. I've searched for another ever since and they don't show up often. When they do they're not the same. I'm not a fan of the recent changes Taylor made, so I think that quest will remain forever unfulfilled.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's in my signature, GAD. The GC-8 which is a Grand Concert with rosewood and spruce with the 800 level of woods and trim. They don't make them any more. I might be selling mine, but then any time I play it I change my mind. Short scale. Nice guitar!

CA-35

Reaction score
Beautiful instrument Tom! Don't forget to add it to the guitar list of your signature.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh...... right Scott!! I was so carried away with the FUN, I forgot the bookkeeping stuff, LOL!! :encouragement: But I'm trying to find out if it was built this year or last year. Waiting for a reply from Breedlove.......

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Tom - So, if I don't have any good china does that mean my life isn't a special occasion?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Tom - So, if I don't have any good china does that mean my life isn't a special occasion?
No, not at all Gary. It's just one of those quotes that I came across the day we got the news that John Henderson had passed away and I kinda took it to mean, "focus on the real stuff" kinda thing, you know? I added it to my signature that day 5 years ago and I've never felt the need to change it. Maybe one day. But I don't have good china either. I've got Fiestaware.... can't get more commonplace than that!! My stuff is functional and .... that's about all. I think all life is a special occasion, amigo!! We just gotta live it every day, right? :encouragement:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Sometimes I put a stethoscope mounted in a suction cup right there while I'm playing.
Hmm. . . now I have to find a stethoscope and try this too. Very interesting! The top on the Breedlove I played was so sensitive that while the top was resonating, I could gently touch it in that spot with my finger, and it would slowly subside. Truly amazing. Now I'm curious about the bracing under the top. More research!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmm. . . now I have to find a stethoscope and try this too. Very interesting! The top on the Breedlove I played was so sensitive that while the top was resonating, I could gently touch it in that spot with my finger, and it would slowly subside. Truly amazing. Now I'm curious about the bracing under the top. More research!

Our Santa Cruz dread does this same thing.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom, that's a great symmetrical completion date: 4 + 12 = 16. Great karma!

walrus