hot in east texas........

grayghost53

Reaction score
live about 5 miles east of the birthplace of Freddie King "the Texas Cannonball" right in the heart of northeast texas. and let me tell you, it's Brutal out there. good time to stay in under the A/C and do a little tinkering on my guitars. have a great weekend.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's 103 , at my house. But I'm not in Texas and the RH is probably in the low 20s or less. It's a dry heat.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I lived in Texas and Louisiana long enough to have reached my fill on heat, not to mention humidity....and I'm not going back.
It's 73 here, 20 miles south of the Canuckistan border, with a nice southerly breeze coming in off the bay. Very few people have A/C because we really don't need it.
Tomorrow will be a good day for kayaks.

Stay thirsty, my friends! :encouragement:

Joe

grayghost53

Reaction score
as General Philip Sheridan said back in the 1860's- "if I owned Texas and Hell, i'd rent out Texas and live in Hell"

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's 103 , at my house. But I'm not in Texas and the RH is probably in the low 20s or less. It's a dry heat.
I'm with John, you know? Here in Vegas it was it was 110 today, and now at almost 10pm it's 101. The a/c bill this month is $450. And the humidifiers are running full time as always to keep these investments from just imploding. The RH here is same as with John.... 20%. But that's only because it's the monsoon season here. Last two weeks with thunderstorms and rain.

But you're right.... it's a good day to stay in.... OR in the pool.... OR in a bar..... or playing guitar. I'd suggest all four!! Just not at the same time. :devilish:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I lived in Texas and Louisiana long enough to have reached my fill on heat, not to mention humidity....and I'm not going back.
It's 73 here, 20 miles south of the Canuckistan border, with a nice southerly breeze coming in off the bay. Very few people have A/C because we really don't need it.
Tomorrow will be a good day for kayaks.

Stay thirsty, my friends! :encouragement:

Joe
I hate it when you GLOAT, Joe!! LMAO!! In my dreams, it would be cool and rainy.... boy did I pick the WRONG city!!!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
This week in Michigan the temp has been in the 90's and so has the humidity, and we've had a couple thunderstorms too. My Dad used to say "You can cut the humidity with a knife!"

Boy, it sure is green out there though! Finally got my lawn cut yesterday; it was so long and thick I almost coulda baled it.

At least we don't have to worry about humidifying our guitars here in the summer!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just south of Houston we had a temp of 96 yesterday with a "Reel Feel" temp of 112. We had a new roof put on the house earlier this year and it is a few shades darker than the last one so the house is holding a little more heat than usual. I have been fighting my AC for the last month trying to get everything just right. We have a 4ton inside unit and a 3 ton outside unit which worked great for years keeping the house under 75 on a 100 degree day. Unfortunately the inside coils were copper with aluminum fins and after 10 years of work electrolysis set in allowing the copper to eat away at the Aluminum and causing issues. Earlier this week I had my Ac guys completely rebuild the indoor unit with a new set of all aluminum High Efficiency 4 ton coils and a New fan motor/squirrel cage. The outdoor 3 ton unit was running great but unfortunately the older 3 ton didn't have the capacity to push the newer "High Efficiency" indoor 4 ton coil. It would cool fine till about 1:30pm and then in an hour it would go from 72 in the house to 82 and stay there until almost midnight. Friday I just got fed up with messing with it and called my AC guy to get some quotes. Within a hour they were here and replaced the little 3 ton unit with a big 4 ton Single Stage Ruud condenser. It is literally 4 times the size of the older 3 ton and works Great. I just set it on 67 last night to see how cool it would get. This is the second day it has been installed and I woke up this morning to 66 degrees in the house requiring the use of my Carhartt jacket for a short time to wake up, LOL! Both Great Danes were trying to get under my covers with me so I know it is working well. It kept us right around 73 in the house yesterday with all the heat and humidity so I am pretty happy with it. Had to do something as the Great Danes just had their 8th birthday and I need to keep them cool as well as us. Hopefully that solves my long term Cooling problems so we will see how it goes in the next few days.

TX

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well its burnin' down in Texas
All of the air conditioners are down
Well its burnin' down in Texas
All of the air conditioners are down
And I've been tryin' to get it cooler
Lord and all my grasses have gone brown

Neal

Reaction score
Friday, it was 99 in Charlottesville with a heat index of 113.

Through which I lugged three powered speakers, stands, mixer, cables, two guitars ('12 F-50 STD and a Huss & Dalton Crossroads DS) across a parking lot and into a bar. And back out later in the evening, into a much cooler 90 degrees.

I also took a large floor fan. Smart move.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Report from the north central sector:

The past few days the temps have been in the upper 80's and RH in the upper 90's. A severe thunder storm came through Friday evening and knocked power out for 17 + hours, along with the mess it made from the high winds and heavy rain and hail.

I have a small generator and it works good enough to keep the fridge cold, and well pump working.

Spent most all day yesterday cleaning up my property out in those conditions. Not to mention being covered with mosquito repellent the whole time.

No trees down on the buildings or vehicles, so I'm happy about that!

Other than the fact that, I don't feel so good today, it ended up being a very nice evening. Went down to the lake, had a couple cold ones, enjoyed a good cigar and even caught a couple fish off the dock.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Right down the block from you, GG53, in beautiful downtown Mabank, TX.
And it is warm here as well.

DThomasC

Reaction score
How did people survive before AC? Cold I can take; just add more layers of clothing. But heat? I usually get kicked out of places when I show up in just my underwear.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Here in New England, you never know what you will get. Here's the last six days: 3 days in a row over 90, a day in the 80's, a day in the 70's, and today it's pouring all day, can't be more than 65.

walrus

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ah, summer, my least favorite season. No matter where I've lived the same holds true.
It's usually just a hot, dusty, and noisy bridge to fall....my favorite.
Winston Churchill said it best: "We must endeavo(u)r to persevere." :cheerful:

Joe

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
How did people survive before AC?
t1larg.sweat.smith.jpg