hot in east texas........

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How did people survive before AC? Cold I can take; just add more layers of clothing. But heat? I usually get kicked out of places when I show up in just my underwear.

The proper answer to your question also illustrated in the photo Al Posted would be= Butt Flap.:biggrin-new:

P.S. If we see you in just your underwear here in Texas there are no legal penalties. We just think you are headed out to do some Late night shopping at Walmart.:smug:

TX

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
P.S. If we see you in just your underwear here in Texas there are no legal penalties. We just think you are headed out to do some Late night shopping at Walmart.:smug:

TX

Takes me back to shortly after we moved to north/central Arkasas from the greater Phoenix charlie foxtrot - not far off the state highway, down a dirt county road, I came upon a couple sitting on the front porch less than 50 feet from the road, in their undies. Totally unconcerned. I waved. They waved. Culture shock.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Takes me back to shortly after we moved to north/central Arkasas from the greater Phoenix charlie foxtrot - not far off the state highway, down a dirt county road, I came upon a couple sitting on the front porch less than 50 feet from the road, in their undies. Totally unconcerned. I waved. They waved. Culture shock.

I don't know if you listen to Robert Earl Keen Jr. or not but he is what we like to refer to as a Texas Country Artist and one of my All time favorite song writers. He has a song you should hear called "The Front Porch Song". It is written about some of his personal experiences. He stops to discuss how him and Lyle Lovett would be in nothing but their underwear on the front porch and strapping on a banjo and guitar to play for the people headed to and from church on a Sunday morning. It's a classic in my book! Here is the song off of Youtube. He starts explaining the underwear part around the 2:20-4:50 mark of the song.

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The proper answer to your question also illustrated in the photo Al Posted would be= Butt Flap.:biggrin-new:

TX

'zackly.
Been gettin' tired of fishin' out shorts just to go the mailbox.
If it's after 11 I've gone down in my boxers recently.
Hey, long as my uglies is covered I'm legal.
Don't give this old fart no flack or you'll find out just how bad an old fart can really be.
:eek: