Pat Metheny with a Guild and Andy Summers

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Perhaps someone can load this photo to the thread?
walrus

Getty Image file formats aren't compatible with the board anymore.
Found out yesterday, trying to insert some photos of Richie Havens and Clapton together, with an F50.
Gotta bite the bullet 'n wait fer the the d--n things to load in a new window.

Edit: Actually that one loaded pretty quick, and:
Oh wow, a jumbo with a flatback and a chesterfield, never saw him with one of those before either. F47/48?
Seen him with an F50 though "IIRC".

Last edited:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Note that they charge money for a "license" to display their images, this one included. They have pretty strict terms and conditions regarding copyrighted material.

Yeah I was pretty sure that was the reason, can't hold it against 'em.
They did after all "buy the distribution rights" from the image owners, (or pay a royalty), if it isn't already them.
I think they're one of the primary image databanks for news media.

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Getty Image file formats aren't compatible with the board anymore.
jazz-guitarist-pat-metheny-and-andy-summers-of-the-police-playing-in-picture-id635945307

Ralf

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks, Ralf!

Just for the sake of discussion, Andy Summers is one of my favorite guitarists. I love The Police, and his work outside of The Police, either solo or with other guitarists (like Robert Fripp, for example) is outstanding. Mostly jazz-oriented, but very diverse musical styles. Not counting film soundtracks, he has recorded 20 solo albums...

And if you want to read a great biography, get his "One Train Later". Laugh out loud funny in spots, it's a documentary of sorts of the '60's and 70's music scene, particularly in Britain.

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

jazz-guitarist-pat-metheny-and-andy-summers-of-the-police-playing-in-picture-id635945307

Well I'll b darned.
I couldn't even copy image addresses from their page yesterday and realized the addresses didn't have the ".JPG" file extension, anyway.
I figured that was gonna be a problem no matter what, and I never even tried with this one, today.
Until now.
Maybe Andy's only to happy to let 'em put it out there without a license or royalty demand.
The real kicker though is how the board software is recognizing a compatible file?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe Andy's only to happy to let 'em put it out there without a license or royalty demand.

Usually it is the photographer who holds the copyright and not the subject. Sometimes the photographer gets written permission from the subject to publish the photo but often that is not necessary depending on the circumstances under which the photo was taken and how it is being used.