Choosing between 3 F-30's

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I think the price for a great vintage Guild is subjective these days.

I think that's right. I also think that prices are likely to be higher from shops than from private sellers.

midnightright

Reaction score
I've often overpaid for a used Guild in the past, because it was far and away my favorite brand. Especially given that it has already (recently?) had the neck professionally reset, I'd consider it up against like models from similar brands--such as Gibson & Martin: but that may be just me! In any case, good luck; I'd definitely go with the '66, but I have a preference for vintage in this scenario (especially). For what it's worth, I was once told by a longtime Guild dealer who owns a repair shop that generally speaking, the quality of Tacoma and New Hartford Guilds was very close, save for fit & finish. I probably like Westerly era the best (at least from buying / ownership experience). That said, my best sounding Guild ever was perhaps a NJ all mahogany D25 w/a flatback.:)

LTTele

Reaction score
WELCOME TO LTG, Lisa.
Seems to me that you're on the horns of a delightful dilemma, although settling on one of the three can be difficult. It certainly would be great to have them all in hand so you could experience how they feel and sound to you.
*I like Steve's idea of buying all three....oh to have that kind of a budget.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted on the outcome, :cheerful:
Joe

http://i.imgur.com/ZiUdN9z.jpg

LTTele

Reaction score
Welcome. In both your reverb listings, the plant location is named. The 2005 is made in Tacoma and the 2010 is made in New Hartford. I like my NH Guilds, but Tacomas are good too. ;-) No help on the sixties F-30, but Hobokens are great guitars.

I guess the only rational solution to to buy all three and report back, with pics.

http://i.imgur.com/mc0saCx.jpg

I love it!!

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very pretty! Congratulations!

LTTele_F-30.jpg