If you'ra a praying man (or woman)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Requesting prayer for healing for my good friend Scott. He just found out he has an aggressive form of cancer and it has already spread to his pancreas, liver, and his aorta of all things. He and his wife are seeing the oncologist today to discuss their options.

This was like a sock in the gut to me. Scott is my musical partner, the other half of our band "Mere Image." We were born the same year, graduated the same year, we're same height and stature, we play all the same songs, and he plays Guilds too, but he's a lefty, hence the band name "Mere Image." In fact, he owns more Guilds than I do.

Scott is looking for a miracle; he posted this song by Jesse Winchester yesterday:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...I8jK-Q&usg=AFQjCNHo2kV3khgP40AONvr0v2UrnYCS7g

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Prayers for your friend, dread...

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Having recently dodged the bullet, I'm aware of the shock wave that news like this sends throughout the family. I'm sending good thoughts to Scott and his family and to you as well.

Take care,
Joe

Opsimath

Reaction score
Prayers for Scott and you as well as friends and family members. Also for those who will be guiding him in his health care decisions and administering his care.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sending thoughts his and your way, dread...

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got you and Scott in my prayers Dread as well as both of your families.

TX

geoguy

Reaction score
Best wishes for your friend, dreadnut.

No doubt many of us can relate to what he, and those who care about him, are currently going through.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Having been the recipient of such news (but nowhere near on the scale of your friend) I have a good understanding of the shock. He and thee have my prayers. Attitude makes a big difference in many cases so the more positive and dedicated to fighting back the better. Also, I can recommend Mayo since they are somewhat in the area. The price is high in dollars, but the attention, thoroughness and capabilities of the Mayo Clinic are hard to beat. They did my radiation (late 2005 & early 2006) and still follow up just to make sure all is well (and stays that way).

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for your concerns and prayers everyone. I lost my best friend to lung cancer a few years back and this is stirring up some old feelings.

Scott and Linda met with the Oncologist today, and they are going after it! Of course he needs more of the dreaded "tests" meanwhile.

And I wholeheartedly agree that a positive attitude is conducive to healing!

MLBob

Reaction score
Prayers sent for Scott. We lost our bass player this past winter after he endured a 1 1/2 year struggle with pancreatic cancer. Don't think I've ever seen someone be as upbeat and positive when faced with the ups & downs of treatment. We miss his friendship terribly.

Bob

Antney

Reaction score
Best wishes and thoughts for Scott, his family and friends. He'll be in my thoughts

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks again, everyone. I met with him yesterday and Scott is in good spirits considering his circumstances; your thoughts and prayers really do help.

Gary, I looked up Hebrews 13:3. You will appreciate that Scott and his guitar have visited many jails and prisons; he recently led the music on a Kairos ministry weekend at the Michigan state prison in St. Louis, MI.