Yet another F-30 thread

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've found a New Hartford F-30 Sunburst in great shape and plan to look at it as soon as I can. What did these sell for new and what's a fair price for one in like new condition?

I know the used market is all over the place but I'm having trouble getting an handle on what's a fair offer to him.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi all!

I've found a New Hartford F-30 Sunburst in great shape and plan to look at it as soon as I can. What did these sell for new and what's a fair price for one in like new condition?

I know the used market is all over the place but I'm having trouble getting an handle on what's a fair offer to him.
Traditional or standard? When I bought a NH F-30 traditional a couple of years ago in excellent condition, $1100 was about the market.

gilded

Reaction score
I think the market was a little stronger a couple of years ago than it is now.

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
Ok, how do I tell if it's Standard or Traditional? 2010 or 2011 build out of New Hartford.

It's the 1 3/4" nut, which is what caught my attention.

I'll ask the seller if he knows

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ok, how do I tell if it's Standard or Traditional? 2010 or 2011 build out of New Hartford.

It's the 1 3/4" nut, which is what caught my attention.

I'll ask the seller if he knows

1.75 nut would be the Standard according to a comparison chart found in the following LTG thread from 2014, post #10 in the thread...

http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...ions-about-F-30-traditional-vs-standard-serie

I also see a couple F30 standards on reverb for just shy of what Chris mentions above...
https://reverb.com/item/3506896-guild-f-30-standard-recent-natural

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A standard model should have white body binding and just the Guild Rooftop logo on the headstock where as the Traditional should have tortoise shell binding. I am not sure if the Traditional models got the Chesterfield headstock inlay or not but the binding should be the tell tale sign.

TX

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A standard model should have white body binding and just the Guild Rooftop logo on the headstock where as the Traditional should have tortoise shell binding. I am not sure if the Traditional models got the Chesterfield headstock inlay or not but the binding should be the tell tale sign.

TX
If I remember, the Traditional that I had (briefly), had a modern G-shield logo.
Here's the archived page for the Trad. Aragon.
http://guildguitars.com/g/f-30-aragon/

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just looked at Mrs. Fro's F-30 Traditional. Tortoise shell binding. G shield on the headstock. Of course she had to stop practicing and ask me "why?".

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
He confirmed it's a standard. He's asking $1600 and that seems high to me.

Way. High. I doubt he will come down to 1k. Or even 1200. Anything higher and I would have to absolutely love it, and even then I think it would be high. I mean there are older more vintage F30s on reverb from Hoboken you might get for 1600.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If I remember, the Traditional that I had (briefly), had a modern G-shield logo.
Here's the archived page for the Trad. Aragon.
http://guildguitars.com/g/f-30-aragon/

That is the same logo that is on my GSR D50 Cocobolo. Personally I think it is one of the classiest renditions of the Guild "G" shield logo they ever put on a Guitar. Not too flashy and not too dull, Just the right amount.

TX

F312

Reaction score
Trivia; When is the first time that small G showed up.
Don't ask me.

Ralph

tommym

Reaction score
He confirmed it's a standard. He's asking $1600 and that seems high to me.

That is about the asking price for a NOS (with factory warranty) F-30RCE Standard with the factory D-TAR pickup. Still have some of those available, so it seems the price is the sticking point. If you friend's Standard is the mahogany / sitka version without the factory D-TAR pickup, I would think $1,200 for a NOS (with factory warranty) would be the asking price from a dealer. Used of course would be less....

Tommy

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Back in the 50's if memory serves.

TX

You were there, then? No wonder you are such a fount of wisdom.

:)

When I associate Guild and "lower case g" I am always drawn to the '80's

mreuav3q7tzeoao9yn0t.jpg

rwmct

Reaction score
Killdeer sold me his (formerly Neal's) F-30 std. in March, 2016 for $1k. That was a b stock guitar but it was in absolutely pristine condition.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You were there, then? No wonder you are such a fount of wisdom.

:)

When I associate Guild and "lower case g" I am always drawn to the '80's

mreuav3q7tzeoao9yn0t.jpg

Not personally, That is 2 decades too early for my coming into the world party but My folks, especially my Mom always said I should've been born in the 40's according to my taste in Cars, Music, and some other adventures in my younger life. The memory serving I am speaking of is the memory of reading Hans's Book and also trying to identify a poor X175 from the early to mid 50's that had that same headstock logo but was in bad shape.

TX

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
Well, he came down to $1500 but listed it with a consignment shop. I made him an offer and told him if it doesn't sell at the shop to let me know. We'll see what happens.

Thanks to all for your input.

Last edited:

curbucci

Reaction score
I am very sure this is my NH F30 standard I sold to this gentleman a while ago. It's in superb condition and the price is right. You can try and make an offer on it. He had it for sale at a local shop and then put it on reverb. I had to sell it for financial constraints and regret it. Wish I could buy it back but not it's not financially possibly for me. Seems like there not really a good market for Guilds here in Minneapolis, MN...

https://reverb.com/item/2190540-guild-f-30-standard-w-ohsc