Stephen Stills and Judy Collins at The Smith Center here in Las Vegas!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was scrolling through Facebook last night and saw an ad for Stephen Stills and Judy Collins together at The Smith Center this coming October. I didn't hesitate, I just bought a couple of tickets. Not the best seats but it's a great venue and might be the last time I see either of these people in concert. Seemed like a really good pairing to me!!

The Smith Center - Reynolds Hall

bNXZ9r.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! That is quite a venue! And I agree that could be a great show - what an interesting combination!

walrus

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom I AM JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stills is one of my favorite guitarists and Collins has one of the most pure, sweet voices on the planet.

Wood, great song and thanks for posting. I also really liked his Black Queen song. Never was real popular but showed of his pickin' skills for sure, just like this song you posted.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wood, great song and thanks for posting. I also really liked his Black Queen song. Never was real popular but showed of his pickin' skills for sure, just like this song you posted.

Black Queen is a cool tune. One of the first solo songs I ever heard from Stills. That guy just always man-handled Drop D tuning. Like maybe no other. Now there are others who played more complicated stuff and runs than Stills, but not many with his grit, growl and raw power. He is the John Wayne of dropped D...or Clint Eastwood...He also could do it with subtle finesse as in 4&20. I always liked the humor in Tree Top Flyer.

To go on a cool Stills trip, check out these old old video of him: https://youtu.be/sAVS7UD5SlA
most likely around the Manassas time, that first album, what a crowning achievement that first Manassas album.

If it were not for his addictions and eventual money troubles, I doubt Stills would really need Crosby or Nash. He always would need Neil but that is only cause Neil never needed any of them...

Last edited: