What's in a name?

matsickma

Reaction score
This story or should I say observation could get pretty crude or vulgar but I think I can express it to satisfy the guidelines of LTG. We'll see!?

So today I was looking at LinkedIn and strolling through the various random people that showed up.

The picture posted by one professional gentleman included his wife and children. As I was about to scroll to the next person I noticed his last name. The way it was spelled was fine. The problem was the way it is enunciated.

So I imagined this guy must have been razzed quite a bit growing up; he certainly would have been where I grew up even in parochial school. I then began to think of his wife and family and wondered how they handle it.

So here is the best way for me to get to the point...

I imagined the husband and/or wife in a doctor's office and the following is heard over the intercom, or PA..."Mr or Mrs #oxhead....the doctor will see you now."

I think you can figure out what letter # stood for.

I'm not creative enough to make this up. And if Mr or Mrs # belongs to LTG my apologies.

M

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, my neighbor of 15 years is Bill Sex. No joke. Originally from Ireland, has the brogue accent and all. Has a wife, and three kids, a boy and two girls, all out of college now.

The boy in Little League had "Sex" on the back of his jersey! The girls, I'm guessing , developed a thick skin.

Bill held a neighborhood cookout about 7 years ago, and correctly called a "Sex Party".

I asked him seriously one time why he never changed his name, and he said it's his name, his forefather's name, etc. Never even crossed his mind.

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Well, my neighbor of 15 years is Bill Sex. No joke. Originally from Ireland, has the brogue accent and all. Has a wife, and three kids, a boy and two girls, all out of college now.
Bill held a neighborhood cookout about 7 years ago, and correctly called a "Sex Party".
walrus

Ever have his photo taken on the beach?
I myself went to grammar school with a kid named Richard Lovejoy but of course we all called him Dickie.
My brother dated a girl named Rose Thorn for a while.
Those're my favorites, the humorous homonyms:
Friendly Amy Abel
Jay Walker man of a thousand tickets
Ali Katz
Bill Kleckter
Rex Holmes
Rob Banks
JL Byrd
Justin Case
Joquin Cosayavnocar

Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I felt sorry for a girl in HS. Chris Seman ( Or Seaman ) . I don't recall how it was spelled, but it was in roll call every day.

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, I know how veers are frowned upon here, but I couldn't help but remember this Blues Name Calculator. It was posted quite a while ago, so some of the newer members may not have had a chance to check their roots.

aOF4H4Q.jpg

BTW, my name ends up being "Skinny Fingers Lee", so it seems fairly accurate.

Last edited:

X-170AB

Reaction score
Immigrants to the US can have a particularly hard time. I used to work with a Korean guy named D*ng Suk-Shin (no joke). His parents had come over, so he went through the Brooklyn public school system as a boy. I can't imagine what that was like.