Hi again :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Stopping by to say hi ,hope everyone is well . :)
I'd like to hangout a little more but really you guys are to knowledgeable for me lol

I don't have enough Guild experience to hang lol unless it's as comic relief which is fine lol

I posted a tune in member music but not hit yet so I figure I'll beg for someone's take on it no shame here haha .

Anyway it's not been commented at AGF either hehehehe ... it being my normal style I'm wondering where it went wrong so to say .

I'm ok with it being not liked I think it's just the not hearing someone say it that bugs me hahahaha .

K folks Guild on !

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm ok with it being not liked I think it's just the not hearing someone say it that bugs me hahahaha .

K folks Guild on !

Ray I'd gladly review it but as I've mentioned occasionally the computer here is so outdated now it just shreds any sound on playback, due to buffering, I think.
The alternate machine I used for a while is no longer available, but I may have a new machine in a couple of months or sooner....then watch out!
How's the CV-1?
Anybody wit' one o' those has about as much Guild experience as they need to hang out here!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm all ears....they're just regular size, but if you post it I will listen.

"Not liked?" Hell, you're legendary here and many of us are on the edge of our seats waiting to hear what you're up to. It's all good! :cheerful:

Joe

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awe shucks you guys , hugs
The song is posted members music .
My bad if I ain't given it enough time .
I certainly understand my playing is not everyone's cup of tea lol

Now saying legendary is a tad over blown like hurricane force over blown with beach a umbrella jammed in the eye lol

Err maybe that ain't so funny ....

Anyway thank you .

Adorshki my man , CV-1 is most excellent but I considering selling it .

I'm in mid life crisis lol so I'm trying to do a gear refit in no particular order starting with a new electric .

To entertain I enter Story ( echo ) mode mode mode mode ... lol

K so back in 78 I had gib "The Paul " not overly experienced then but loved solid Walnut body Ebony fret board , played like a dream so in wanting a les Paul back again I figured why not go back to the start . Thing is I have a great playing Ibanez rocker but the pickups are so so upgrades will cost about 200 plus any pot changes which is not much .

But I really don't want to mess around maybe I won't like the pickups then what ? Oh I know sudden pain in my rear acting up again haha

But back to The Paul finding good looking 78 will run about a grand and after reading up on it her picks kind of stink so there's that fixerer upper thing .

K do things I liked , love the natural Walnut look , feel , playability.

Hated the toggle switch location and the pickup issue oh let's not forget the 1,000 price tag

So let jump to the end Epi's been getting done great reviews on the les Paul's with most excellent pickups modeled just the Gib 58's humbuckers . Hope that's the yr .

So after going back and forth like do for endless amounts of time i decided that I think I'll get one yeah think , I was having issues on the colors very pretty AAA maple tops in burst , blue , cherry but nothen hit home then out of know where I hit upon the Koha model DING !

Right color , right look , right body shape , right toggle switch !

No ebony finger board :( no real mother of pearl inlays but that's ok she's close enough and she's affordable .

Next goes the hi tech floor peddles and current amp to be replaced and I'm going back to basics work creating my own sound instead using 400 other guys sounds and amp sims .

Let's not forget the acoustics . Though I love the Cv-1 I still have that darn Blueridge on my mind and I won't stop thinking about it until I get it .

Then there's the hits I have for 6 string jumbo will it be a custom build or a Guild ? Heck I don't know lots to think about .

One thing I know is it will be the tone hunt more the cost either way all this will take time less the Epi about a month out I'm told.

One thing is I'm not a Collecter I'd like to know that I will play the guitars I have on hand instead of them siiting in a dark cave .

I want the right group of acoustics
I have it good with my custom Gloria and my Blueridge BR180A and the F212xlce
But the triple O still needs to be found the Cv-1 is good but she lacks in certain areas most players would not even notice it .

I played a Collins and I about fell out wow whatva sound and had old strings on her but she used and 3,000 bucks .

Ok went on long enough ;)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ray, I see you posted a LOT of words and I still don't know what you're talking about. Nothing new there, right? HOWEVER, if you've got new music I'm listening because I like your stuff. You got a new CUSTOM guitar built for you and it's beautiful and now you show up and ...... hows the guitar?

I'm recovering from surgery and half drunk and medicated, so I'm not ready to read your ramble.

1) How's the new guitar?

2) Is everything okay?

Summarize..... I'll check in tomorrow after I've slept and listened to your song.

Adios!!

p. s. - Al, I don't understand Ray at all, but he's a good guy. I know that much..... and he plays well. :encouragement:

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray, I see you posted a LOT of words and I still don't know what you're talking about. Nothing new there, right? HOWEVER, if you've got new music I'm listening because I like your stuff. You got a new CUSTOM guitar built for you and it's beautiful and now you show up and ...... hows the guitar?

I'm recovering from surgery and half drunk and medicated, so I'm not ready to read your ramble.

1) How's the new guitar?

2) Is everything okay?

Summarize..... I'll check in tomorrow after I've slept and listened to your song.

Adios!!

p. s. - Al, I don't understand Ray at all, but he's a good guy. I know that much..... and he plays well. :encouragement:

Opioids I hope ! Lol

Al asked about my Cv-1 ..... my answer , it's great .

Then for no apparent reason I decided to spew forth the words that followed about my interest in selling it and other gear and using the excuse of a mid life crisis. Lol

The custom is great , Never selling that if I have a choice . :)

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Al , if I can throw everyone under the bus at this moment , so think it would be nice if we can all chip in and get you a new computer .

Heck maybe an iPad if you can handle that type of device ?

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I posted a tune in member music but not hit yet so I figure I'll beg for someone's take on it no shame here haha.

Indeed very meditational!

I can't figure out why you're talking about electrics. As for 6-strings, Guild jumbo. What more need be said? :tiger:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Al, I don't understand Ray at all, but he's a good guy. I know that much..... and he plays well. :encouragement:

Tom: Ray is gifted.
His expertise in sentence building and what "seems" like a misuse of punctuation is in fact an ingenious way to weed out all the bots and trolls, and ensure he only keeps the conversation going with motivated and responsible adults. (Which is why, like you, I often have trouble keeping up, but do like him all the same) :watermelon:

When I read his posts, I have a bit of the same reaction as when you guys hear French. Don't understand a thing, but it sounds so different, that it is irresistibly captivating.... :laughing:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Lol , trying to find the right gear. I mentioned the electric because it's going to be the first on the list to get I added the little story about why I like The Paul but I feel I will end up better off with the Epiphone as I don't want to keep fiddling with upgrades .

Then I'll be moving on to sorting out the acoustics .
I want a better Triple O
I want a Jumbo 6 string
As to what brand they will be I'm unsure but at least for the Triple O I'd like to try the Blueridge as I just can't get it out of my head . :)

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tom: Ray is gifted.
His expertise in sentence building and what "seems" like a misuse of punctuation is in fact an ingenious way to weed out all the bots and trolls, and ensure he only keeps the conversation going with motivated and responsible adults. (Which is why, like you, I often have trouble keeping up, but do like him all the same) :watermelon:

When I read his posts, I have a bit of the same reaction as when you guys hear French. Don't understand a thing, but it sounds so different, that it is irresistibly captivating.... :laughing:

To funny haha . I'll say it again , my typing finger is bent at 90deg at the tip so one thing is I hit the letter next to the one really wanted then auto correct takes over and I miss it .

Also when I type I say the words in my head but between the head and fingers words get lost where they go is anyone's guess though they might be keeping lost socks from the dryer or wash machine company . Haha

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok I know what I'm gunna do . I'll copy my original post and add in explanations , that should be awesome fun !
I'll do that after work and on the Pc haha

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Indeed very meditational!

I can't figure out why you're talking about electrics. As for 6-strings, Guild jumbo. What more need be said? :tiger:

Well maybe I've not heard enough Guild Jumbo magic to sway me .

Since I play as a soloist I enjoy the more overtone prone guitars . But I admit I've not enough enough jumbo guilds to know exactly where they sit in that area .