Hi again :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I do too, John. I'm has an apostrophe. It's a contraction for "I am". I'm (see?) not gonna budge on this one....... :wink:
MY only beef with 'em is that they're always talkin' about how good their burgers are, over there.
It's an affectation that has no effect on the actual product quality.
And don't get me started on the etymology of the word entomology.
It drives me buggy.
And I'm runnin' outta rubber baby buggy bumpers.
Can only get 'em for babies made outta Richlite, now.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
MY only beef with 'em is that they're always talkin' about how good their burgers are, over there.
It's an affectation that has no effect on the actual product quality.
And don't get me started on the etymology of the word entomology.
It drives me buggy.
And I'm runnin' outta rubber baby buggy bumpers.
Can only get 'em for babies made outta Richlite, now.

Noooooo don't say that word !! What word Richlite ? Noooooooooo he said again !

On another note so can't believe that Neal sold a F50R I always miss the good stuff ! 😠

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
...so.... 34% French?

And don't forget Ghenghis Khan's DNA, (Ray did mention his asian 2%, I got a suspicion I got slightly more.)
"It is estimated that 1 in 12.5 of the whole population of Asia and 1 in 200 of the whole population of the world is directly descended from Genghis Khan."
And Ray, chances are that 2% Asian you mention actually does reflect some Native American.
MOST of 'em got here from there.
In my case my mother's father's mother was a full-blood Cherokee.
Mother's mother was French/German but everything else was Scottish-Irish.
Except for that pesky Khan DNA that keeps, uh, rearing its (no apostrophe in the possessive form) ugly head, so to speak.
Hey how do ya think he wound up being responsible for so many direct descendants?
:glee:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I chalk it up to sheer perseverance.
Chalk may aid with perspiration. Wasn't it ole Genghis that coined the phrase, 'Never let a Mongol see you sweat'?

And hi Ray! Thanks for the music, as always. Please don't mind our own meager efforts at comic relief, too. LTG is a fun place to hang out, especially with folks like yourself.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Chalk may aid with perspiration. Wasn't it ole Genghis that coined the phrase, 'Never let a Mongol see you sweat'?

And hi Ray! Thanks for the music, as always. Please don't mind our own meager efforts at comic relief, too. LTG is a fun place to hang out, especially with folks like yourself.

Comic relief is most welcome .
Khaaaaan !!! No wait I was thinking Star trek .

Adorshki , I was watching a documentary and it seemed to say that Native Americans are truly Native. It was going over the history of the inca and how far north they migrated . Only reason I remember is that I thought originally we were track back (DNA wise ) to one woman and the location being Western Asia or was it Africa ? I'm a little fuzzy on that part .

Put down the axe .....

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Comic relief is most welcome .
Khaaaaan !!! No wait I was thinking Star trek .

Adorshki , I was watching a documentary and it seemed to say that Native Americans are truly Native. It was going over the history of the inca and how far north they migrated . Only reason I remember is that I thought originally we were track back (DNA wise ) to one woman and the location being Western Asia or was it Africa ? I'm a little fuzzy on that part .

Put down the axe .....

Definitely remember one african woman, "Lucy" IIRC, discovered by Leakey.
Have also read about an indigenous early asian species developing at roughly the same time, and thought it had been established that there was definitely a migration from Asia to North America via the Bering Sea land bridge about 10,000 or 20,000 years ago that slowly moved across North America and was the primary reason mammoths got hunted out.
Always wondered why they didn't bring their native-to-central-asia horses with 'em, though.
Figured maybe they wound up needing to eat 'em, or they just couldn't handle the climate or lack of forage maybe, or the tribes that came across just didn't have access to 'em.
Ah, here we go:

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/human-journey/

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I gave it a shot - tried to read the last two pages of posts all at once to catch up - but it has me reaching for my meds...

walrus

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I gave it a shot - tried to read the last two pages of posts all at once to catch up - but it has me reaching for my meds...
walrus

Don't EVER try approaching a Ray thread unprepared. Severe injury may ensue.
On the plus side, you can now go to his latest members music post, which in addition to your meds, should help you bring your blood pressure back down and relax.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Don't EVER try approaching a Ray thread unprepared. Severe injury may ensue.

field-sobriety-tests-pen.jpg

NO sir, I haven't had a thing to drink. I just tried to read one of RayK's posts.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The thing I most appreciate re Ray, is his posts and his music are totally opposite of each other. That is not a simple achievement.

Antney

Reaction score
Ready RayK's posts carefully... there are enough slipuos in them to reveal who he is...enough said, I've said to much