NGD 2013 F512 Burst Worth Waiting out the Storm For

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello to all, I know you have been keeping up with the Devastation that Harvey has brought to Southeastern Texas and the Gulf Coast over the last week. This is definitely a Bright spot considering all that we have gone through in the past week. Awhile back member Msbedard here on the forum came across a Beautiful 2013 F512 for sale and sent me an inquiry asking my opinion on the model and condition of the Guitar. Personally I feel a New Hartford F512 is the cream of the crop when it comes to Guild 12 strings. I advised him after looking it over in pictures and hearing all of the info from the seller that if he didn’t want it I would take it. He decided to give the 12 string a shot and I was extremely happy for him knowing that he got the best that was out there to have. He also let me know that if he decided to get rid of it I would be first inline.

To make a long story short last week he decided he wanted to concentrate on 6 strings and the 12 string was just not a fit for him. With my guitar fund in shambles we reached an agreement on a trade. After coming to an agreement he shipped the F512 3 day USPS to me last Tuesday the same day I shipped mine to him. His arrived on Friday but Unfortunately Mr. Harvey had different plans and the Saturday delivery for the F512 was cancelled until the storm passed. After going through Harvey the F512 showed up in Beautiful shape safe and sound today. It certainly brought a smile to my face today! Thanks Msbedard, everything is as described and even with mother nature trying to throw a monkey wrench into things it is in beautiful shape not to mention sounds amazing!

I have been looking for another New Hartford F512 for awhile to have in case anything ever happened to my 2014 F512 Natural finish which is my Go to Workhorse 12 string. This 2013 F512 has an Amazing tone to it and honestly I don’t think it has ever been played in. That is something I am going to enjoy thoroughly over the next few weeks as the shoulder allows. I am not sure what I am going to name it yet but rest assured the name Harvey is out of the question! LOL! Enough babbling from me and on to the pictures of this Beautiful looking and Sounding Guild F512, enjoy!

MoPQ9l.jpg
rpckBE.jpg
AZqvID.jpg
wxMDSh.jpg
kF2iX9.jpg
JGNDun.jpg
pLW0rd.jpg
YNLSFI.jpg

TX

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, after regularly tipping off members to excellent guitars and bargains, I guess you deserve one yourself now and then. That one's perfect. I gotta get one like that someday!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about "walllbanger"...

As in the drink.

:) :)

That's a beaut, TX. Congrats. Play it in good health, and put some cortisone in that shoulder for extra time! :)

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is outta this world! What a beautiful guitar! Congrats TX - well deserved indeed!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses! In the next day or so I am going to try and get all of my Jumbos together for a Guild Jumbo Family Portrait if I can. I will have to find time to do it though as right now all of my spare time has been taken up by this beauty that you see here. Honestly I have to say if anyone ever gets the chance to work with MsBedard on a guitar deal of any kind that you will not be disappointed. He is a straight shooter and I would not hesitate to send him one of my guitars with no collateral in return which is what we did on this deal. His packing was some of the best I have seen and the entire experience has been Top Notch in my book all the way around. Thanks for letting me have the chance to own this Beauty MsBedard, I only hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

TX

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's My favorite burst color. A RW Guild 12 string is the one guitar I'd love to own. I can only dream, though.

Congrats, tx.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh wow, I just love the burst on that one, TX!! Congrats! I hope your shoulder allows a little more playing time, soon!! :encouragement:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
that is sweet! nice ending to a rough week im sure! hopefully the sunburst is symbolic of the many sunny days to come for Tex and all Texans.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Tx, I am surprised it showed up so soon after the storm. I guess you did say post office was going to try to get out starting yesterday?

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
CongratulationsTX! That is a sunburst beauty, for sure! :glee:

Opsimath

Reaction score
Congratulations on an absolute beauty! Gorgeous burst. Is the TRC original to the F-512? Very eye-catching.

Enjoy!! (But I guess nobody needs to tell you that!)

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
What a great story! Congratulations all around!

You lived through a devastating Hurricane
You made a sweet trade with a fellow LTG-er
You got a dream (Guild) guitar
The Postal Service "delivered", just like the Pony Express
You posted stunning guitar images
And the custom Truss Rod Cover was correctly installed
This is cause for celebration. I am thinking we all need to purchase a(nother) Guild.
ccozad-smiley.gif

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Call it "Sunshine". The polar opposite of "Harvey".

I like that Neal, I will put that on the list along with "Lucky" as well.

Beautiful burst! Congratulations!

walrus

Thanks Walrus, It is one of my favorite burst finishes I have ever seen.

Congrats Tx, I am surprised it showed up so soon after the storm. I guess you did say post office was going to try to get out starting yesterday?

Thanks Wood, It really surprised me as well that it got here when it did. The reason it was one of the first deliveries they made was that it was on one of the first trucks in Houston that they held back and stored in a High and Dry Warehouse as a precaution to wait and see with Harvey. It was scheduled for delivery last Saturday but after the Storm started dumping the immense and non stop amounts of rain I figured it would take another week to get it here. Yesterday was the first day of Mail delivery in our area and all they delivered was packages as paper mail had not yet been trucked to our post office. They started paper mail today and my mail lady who is awesome said things should be 3-4 days behind for the first week.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CongratulationsTX! That is a sunburst beauty, for sure! :glee:

Thanks Guys!

Congratulations on an absolute beauty! Gorgeous burst. Is the TRC original to the F-512? Very eye-catching.

Enjoy!! (But I guess nobody needs to tell you that!)

Thanks Opsimath! The truss rod cover is not original. I have a friend in Canada who makes all kinds of custom inlaid things for different guitars and he has made several of the Dream Catcher inlaid Truss Rod covers for my Guilds. He advertises on Ebay and has his own website as well. All of his truss rod covers are made from a factory pattern for each brand guitar and utilize your original truss rod cover screws. He hand inlays all of his work on solid woods and has some really cool designs you can pick from or if you want something done custom he can inlay anything you like. His name is Scott and the company is WEC Inlay. His website is www.wecinlay.com . His prices are also very reasonable.

What a great story! Congratulations all around!

You lived through a devastating Hurricane
You made a sweet trade with a fellow LTG-er
You got a dream (Guild) guitar
The Postal Service "delivered", just like the Pony Express
You posted stunning guitar images
And the custom Truss Rod Cover was correctly installed
This is cause for celebration. I am thinking we all need to purchase a(nother) Guild.
ccozad-smiley.gif

Thanks Christopher, I absolutely love your form of deductive reasoning, not to mention that Snazzy Christopher Cozad Beret wearing emoji you have!

TX

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
Finally got home so I could see the pics (work blocks them), Wowzers...beautiful guit! Hope it plays as good as it looks. Congrats!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Maaaaan , for the love of God ! I never see these things for sale 😠😠😠😠😠😠