F50R pricing

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I just want to be clear, folks, that since we were talking about a NH guitar that had been sold through MIRC, that is an entirely different animal than the Tacoma-era trainwreck Contemporary series MIRC guitars. I want to reiterate that New Hartford only sold blems through MIRC. Tacoma-era MIRC guitars are "run away screaming"... although honestly if they're playable and still in one piece then maybe the screaming is optional.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I just want to be clear, folks, that since we were talking about a NH guitar that had been sold through MIRC, that is an entirely different animal than the Tacoma-era trainwreck Contemporary series MIRC guitars. I want to reiterate that New Hartford only sold blems through MIRC. Tacoma-era MIRC guitars are "run away screaming"... although honestly if they're playable and still in one piece then maybe the screaming is optional.

Now that I understand !

Neal

Reaction score
I shipped an '05 F-50R via UPS across the continent a few weeks ago and it cost me a pretty penny. $115, including insurance, to be exact, via UPS. So, depending on where you are (east coast) and potentially where the seller is (west coast), $100 is entirely reasonable.

They are big guitars, not particularly light, and come in a beefy case, that altogether weigh in at close to 25 lbs. So, take an oversized box, add the weight and the distance and the cost goes up.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I shipped an '05 F-50R via UPS across the continent a few weeks ago and it cost me a pretty penny. $115, including insurance, to be exact, via UPS. So, depending on where you are (east coast) and potentially where the seller is (west coast), $100 is entirely reasonable.

They are big guitars, not particularly light, and come in a beefy case, that altogether weigh in at close to 25 lbs. So, take an oversized box, add the weight and the distance and the cost goes up.

Check .

Reaction score

And I greatly appreciate it !!!

Reaction score
Rayk,
I've been seeing F-50r's pop up on Reverb in the last couple of weeks. Some look good, some need a little love! LOL! There's one that looks especially clean, although it's Corona-built.

However, having said that, the one I just bought from Neal is a Tacoma-built 2005, and in another thread, Tx was saying that the Tacoma-built F-50s didn't really come into their own with design changes until later in the Tacoma run, which I assume would mean my 2005 Tacoma F-50r is more Corona-spec'd than Tacoma/N.H. spec'd. And if that's the case, then I would have NO qualms about acquiring a Corona-built F50r! Neal and I both love this particular F-50r, it's sound, tone, volume and playabilty are right up there with some of the best guitars I have ever played! Can't say if it's true for all Corona F-50's, but I also own a couple of Corona-built Guilds, and they are great instruments as well. Corona seems to be the bastard child of Fender/Guild in many people's opinions, and there are compelling arguments pertaining to a few models, but I don't see it as such.
Still, it MIGHT be used as a "bargaining chip" in some instances.

Good luck in your search and negotiations! They do pop up from time-to-time...sometimes when you least expect it!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rayk,
I've been seeing F-50r's pop up on Reverb in the last couple of weeks. Some look good, some need a little love! LOL! There's one that looks especially clean, although it's Corona-built.

However, having said that, the one I just bought from Neal is a Tacoma-built 2005, and in another thread, Tx was saying that the Tacoma-built F-50s didn't really come into their own with design changes until later in the Tacoma run, which I assume would mean my 2005 Tacoma F-50r is more Corona-spec'd than Tacoma/N.H. spec'd. And if that's the case, then I would have NO qualms about acquiring a Corona-built F50r! Neal and I both love this particular F-50r, it's sound, tone, volume and playabilty are right up there with some of the best guitars I have ever played! Can't say if it's true for all Corona F-50's, but I also own a couple of Corona-built Guilds, and they are great instruments as well. Corona seems to be the bastard child of Fender/Guild in many people's opinions, and there are compelling arguments pertaining to a few models, but I don't see it as such.
Still, it MIGHT be used as a "bargaining chip" in some instances.

Good luck in your search and negotiations! They do pop up from time-to-time...sometimes when you least expect it!

No one will novitiate lol
One countered my offer by asking 33,000 , I have a few choice words for that person lol
The other just is holding firm .
These folks in my opinion have no idea how to rate the instruments condition . I think there should be new terms like a guitar that has no imperfections or damage should have a new rating of , Super super extra molecularly pristine excellent condition .

That way guitars that do have wear and tear can clam excellent condition. Haha

I've made two offers and best I can tell no one else has tried so not many folks going for them .

Reaction score
If you are looking at the ones on Reverb, and if you are registered on Reverb, you can put the guitars you are looking at in your "watch list". Then you will receive a notification when someone makes an offer. You can also use the search function and save that as a " daily feed" and you will be notified when someone changes their asking prices, or when more units pop up for sale.
Condition is SO subjective...one man's "mint" could be another man's "average." You'll see something you think is "rough" and they have it listed as "excellent"! That's life! Cars, guns, guitars, online dating sites, LOL.

Very few sellers start out with their lowest price, so they ask high and see how it goes. Some are just clueless. But be patient and watch.
And you have to be realistic yourself. You're not going to find a dead-mint F50 at D25 prices!

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
These folks in my opinion have no idea how to rate the instruments condition . I think there should be new terms like a guitar that has no imperfections or damage should have a new rating of , Super super extra molecularly pristine excellent condition .
I'm advocating use of a simpler term, from the olive oil people:
"Extra Virgin"
From there it's a logical progression to the military protocol of "AFU".

That way guitars that do have wear and tear can clam excellent condition. Haha

From the car guys we have "Cherry".
We don't need any more than 3 categories.
Unless you want to slot "Used" between "Cherry" and "AFU".

(Insert "barely maintained straight-faced delivery" emoticon here)
:friendly_wink:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
To the best of my knowledge they were producing Orpheums, Traditional Models, and pretty much all types of American Guilds at the same time all the way up to the 148th day of 2014 which would have been the last few days of May 2014. TX
Yes, the last guitar that was finished in NH end of May 2014 (I don't know or remember the exact day) was the custom color red American Patriarch X-500. She ended up in the offices in Oxnard.
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?181588-Last-one-off-the-line-at-New-Hartford

Ralf

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Of coarse you post was photobucketized :(

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If you are looking at the ones on Reverb, and if you are registered on Reverb, you can put the guitars you are looking at in your "watch list". Then you will receive a notification when someone makes an offer. You can also use the search function and save that as a " daily feed" and you will be notified when someone changes their asking prices, or when more units pop up for sale.
Condition is SO subjective...one man's "mint" could be another man's "average." You'll see something you think is "rough" and they have it listed as "excellent"! That's life! Cars, guns, guitars, online dating sites, LOL.

Very few sellers start out with their lowest price, so they ask high and see how it goes. Some are just clueless. But be patient and watch.
And you have to be realistic yourself. You're not going to find a dead-mint F50 at D25 prices!

I was wondering how those options worked

Yeah you made the connection great with dating site thing ........ Yikes ! No Extra virgin olive oil can fix that . 😑

I'm not trying to steel one , I do think there is a used fare market price list or at least feel there should be haha .

To me if a person says something is in excellent condition and there's clearly damage that the seller is admitting to then they should be willing negotiate off the excellent price listed makes sense in my little world .

I'm willing to pay more if the guitar is truly worth it but she has to be Shaaaaarp !

Tx where you live again ? Haha

I'm advocating use of a simpler term, from the olive oil people:
"Extra Virgin"
From there it's a logical progression to the military protocol of "AFU".

From the car guys we have "Cherry".
We don't need any more than 3 categories.
Unless you want to slot "Used" between "Cherry" and "AFU".

(Insert "barely maintained straight-faced delivery" emoticon here)
:friendly_wink:

Extra virgin , oh boy somehow I get the picture of you getting a rub down and it ain't pretty . 😑

What does AFU mean ?

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Extra virgin , oh boy somehow I get picture you getting a rub down and it ain't pretty . ��
I refuse to be held accountable for your fantasies.
:biggrin-new:

What does AFU mean ?

Yer tryin' to put me on the spot here, ain'tcha?
It's an abbreviated form of the acronym "SNAFU", meaning "Situation Normal, All F---ed Up".
In the presence of officers the genteel form "Fouled up" is normally used.

:glee:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So true! Reminds me of that great country song..."Don't the olives all get prettier at closing time..."

Olive-Oyl-In-Dashing-Look.jpg

Don't they, though.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And out here in Sillycon Valley, some o' the local watering holes require all the martinis you can handle:
CaqqNxhUEAEOju4.jpg

"Extra Virgin Puppy Monkey Baby"

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
At two I went home with a Ten and at Ten I woke up with a Two! Thanks and Appreciation considerations to Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

TX