1973 Guild F-212 For Sale

Chamlin

Reaction score
Original owner, Chamlin here. Serial # 84302 (on interior label and stamped on back of headstock).

Played it as a 12-string for 4 years, then as a 6-string for 40. It is a great sounding guitar. 3 MB Audio file available upon request.

The consensus of 2 luthiers and 1 high end repair guy is that the guitar is a solid "Good" condition with a very playable neck, very good intonation, great original fret job and exceptionally live and rich sound. Stays in tune for long periods of time when temperatures are relatively stable.

Of note:
--- the 3 "judges" mentioned above do NOT think the neck needs to be reset though they also said if they owned it that they would get around to it at some point because the saddle has already been taken down as far as they would in order to compensate for slight pull over the years. They stressed that it doesn't need it though.
--- there is a slight crack near where the sound hole meets the neck by the pick guard.

Consensus was also that several of the like guitars currently for sale on Reverb and elsewhere were substantially overpriced, and that this guitar is reasonably priced at $900. GC has offered me $700 (they'll sell it for $1,000).

Offering it here on LTG for $875, and simultaneously on Craigslist for $1,050/obo. Maybe I'll consider Reverb, but likely I'll give this a few weeks and it will either sell it or I'll put it aside as a trade in for the guitar I'm getting in early October. Shipping will be $80. Hope someone here will like it.

3 posts of photos

9jBgtzch.jpg

cO4vQy4h.jpg

M5ahA5Ph.jpg

RvEuS6Ah.jpg

TOwiIGCh.jpg

GRd2pGKh.jpg

IIocINLh.jpg

yb0deUrh.jpg

beecee

Reaction score
Pretty guitar and great pix too.

Just out of curiosity what causes that fret board sound hole crack? I've seen a few guitars with that lately.

Good luck with the sale!

Chamlin

Reaction score
Thanks, beecee. Not sure what causes it though I, too, have seen several of the guitars for sale with similar cracks. It's possible I bought it with that and never noticed it and that may be why the guitar was marked as an "02". One luthier put a dental like mirror inside to see if it looked like it was going to extend further and he felt it wasn't going to due to things blocking it.

wileypickett

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I just bought the 17th F212 ever made, from 1965 (serial number AN117). It needs some work, but I was able to play it and was very impressed by the sound. Cheap!

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Pretty guitar and great pix too.

Just out of curiosity what causes that fret board sound hole crack? I've seen a few guitars with that lately.

Good luck with the sale!

Usual cause is the neck block shifting.