Yup NGD , New Custom

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al , I just got home but stopped the store for 2 12pks of Heineken . I’m drinking a black cherry seltzer now though . How long you been home ? Haha

PM sent.
:Glee:
(Ray that was a running joke, I never sent any pm's.)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey you got an avatar!

Al said I have an avatar haha guess it’s also a running joke like the Pm one ? Heck I don’t know going for my second beer 🍺
And enjoying the F47KC

Many find the small nut width an issue or so I’ve read but I find it ok for me . I have fat fingers but stubby . I’ve played some guitars that were cramped but for some reason this Guitar is just fine .

Anyway trying to work on something to record before I have to send her off . 😁

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Al , I just got home but stopped the store for 2 12pks of Heineken . I’m drinking a black cherry seltzer now though . How long you been home ? Haha

Ok let me explain this again, Al said I have an avatar , he also explained his pm thing to me , which the posts are in miscellaneous section (Which no one with any tech skills answered my question 😠 lol )

Ok to point , the above quote is me simply saying I’m not drunk yet I haven’t been home long enough.
How long hads Al been home ? Has he started drinking ? ( no I have idea if Al even drinks ) just funning anyway that’s it as I have no idea what he’s talking about stating I have an avatar .
Sarcasm As follows , guess he never noticed me ! My Gosh ! Really ! And after all the things I did for him ! Hahahaha ..... anyway I was actually drinking a seltzer to lol 😜

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ok let me explain this again, Al said I have an avatar , he also explained his pm thing to me , which the posts are in miscellaneous section (Which no one with any tech skills answered my question �� lol )
If the mobile version works like the desktop version, after you check the boxes you need to drop down to the bottom of the list to select an action like "delete".

Ok to point , the above quote is me simply saying I’m not drunk yet I haven’t been home long enough.
How long hads Al been home ? Has he started drinking ? ( no I have idea if Al even drinks ) just funning anyway that’s it as I have no idea what he’s talking about stating I have an avatar .
Actually Al doesn't allow computers in his house and only posts from work. That's why he's never around on weekends.
He does drink but only beer, and only on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons.
It helps him deal with his guilt about working when he should be home playing his guitars.
Your avatar is the pic under your name tag on your posts.
I only noticed it for the first time this morning.
It's traditional to congratulate a member when they finally figure out how to display one.
:friendly_wink:

Sarcasm As follows , guess he never noticed me ! My Gosh ! Really ! And after all the things I did for him ! Hahahaha ..... anyway I was actually drinking a seltzer to lol ��
Can you actually get a buzz from Heineken?
PM sent.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If the mobile version works like the desktop version, after you check the boxes you need to drop down to the bottom of the list to select an action like "delete".

Actually Al doesn't allow computers in his house and only posts from work. That's why he's never around on weekends.
He does drink but only beer, and only on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons.
It helps him deal with his guilt about working when he should be home playing his guitars.
Your avatar is the pic under your name tag on your posts.
I only noticed it for the first time this morning.
It's traditional to congratulate a member when they finally figure out how to display one.
:friendly_wink:

Can you actually get a buzz from Heineken?
PM sent.

Um the avatar been there from the start .... ? Ive done nothing new ....most perplexing hahaha

checking the boxes offers no options on IOS but yeah it should work that way ! .... Ags sexy fingers at work !
Ags is short for agradeleous my email name and forum name, on my other forum I have the tenancy to destroy anything electronic sexy fingers was born and has stuck for the on going humor of all , most importantly me ! LOL

what beer do you drink IPA's ? Pffffffft :)

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
checking the boxes offers no options on IOS but yeah it should work that way ! .... Ags sexy fingers at work !
Ags is short for agradeleous my email name and forum name
Wasn't Agradeleous the Greek god of confusing texts?
:glee:
what beer do you drink IPA's ? Pffffffft :)
O heavens no much too bitter for my tastes these days and clashes with the flavor of my favorite clove cigarettes.
Would you believe I've favored King Cobra since even before it became the origin of the phrase "a blunt and a 40" ?
(It was the first beer to be released in a 40oz bottle)
But if it comes down to what I would save for real special occasions, I like me a nice chocolatey stout.
Currently the English Mackeson would be the closest thing to what was the best one I ever tasted, the Australian Tooth's Sheaf Stout, which disappeared during the agonizing slow death of maker Tooth & Co. some years back.
Guiness is a different animal, the malt comes from grains roasted to give a much more bitter "coffee" flavor.
As far as I've discovered (not that I look that hard any more), Americans are so obsessed with IPA's that nobody wants to make a traditional milk stout.
When it comes to ales I give the prize to the Aussies once again for Coopers Pale Ale:
Gets a second fermentation in the bottle with a genuine yeast dosage like champagne.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coopers_Brewery#Products
I discovered a lot of beers in the early '80's when I started a collection of bottles with animal mascots.
There's a ton of 'em if you think about it.
Coopers had a koala bear embossed in the glass of the bottle (you can see the edge of it on the right side in this shot):

f6a8d74abfee74d481b4f4030ea62dd2--down-under-ale.jpg

Ultimate cool.

It's also what led me to give Cobra a try, which I then realized was really sweet and when looking at the ingredients, lo and behold, the only grain listed was corn, as compared to the "select grains" listed on every other domestic maker's bottles at the time.
And I was gettin' tired of the thick dark stuff at the time so I just stuck with it.
Last time I looked (including the internet), I can't find Coopers over here anymore either.
Bummer.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but you asked.
Prob'ly shoulda sent a pm.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sparkling Ale says it all !

My Fav is Grolsch period ! :very_drunk:

stop changing the topic ! what was it again ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Sparkling Ale says it all !

My Fav is Grolsch period ! :very_drunk:

stop changing the topic ! what was it again ?

How to Veer Without Really Trying.
Or "Thread Hijacking for Dummies"?

I had a bottle of Grolsch in the collection too, purely for spring-clamped rubber-gasketed stopper.
And my favorite sippin' whiskey for a while there was McCormick:

bf4e4cefe10ac57d87c4cfa483252fb7.jpg

The original Little Brown Jug.
Wax-sealed cork.
More ultimate cool.
I never did figure out if there was a connection between the genuine corn whiskey folks and the McCormick grain reaper people, though.

Cyrus+McCormick%E2%80%99s+mechanical+reaper.jpg

I mean, it seems like it's gotta be a natural, right?
Aha! traffic's finally dyin' down!
Goin home fer the weekend now!

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How to Veer Without Really Trying.
Or "Thread Hijacking for Dummies"?

I had a bottle of Grolsch in the collection too, purely for spring-clamped rubber-gasketed stopper.
And my favorite sippin' whiskey for a while there was McCormick:

bf4e4cefe10ac57d87c4cfa483252fb7.jpg

The original Little Brown Jug.
Wax-sealed cork.
More ultimate cool.
I never did figure out if there was a connection between the genuine corn whiskey folks and the McCormick grain reaper people, though.

Cyrus+McCormick%E2%80%99s+mechanical+reaper.jpg

I mean, it seems like it's gotta be a natural, right?
Aha! traffic's finally dyin' down!
Goin home fer the weekend now!

You win with that enjoy your weekend . 😁

krugjr

Reaction score
Rayk.....thanks for the tune...very nice.....some effects, I'm sure, but I believe that Guilds have a lot more sustain than most "outsiders" give them credit for!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rayk.....thanks for the tune...very nice.....some effects, I'm sure, but I believe that Guilds have a lot more sustain than most "outsiders" give them credit for!

Thanks Krugjr , The tune was just a quicky so plenty of “ what was that !? “ lol

Effects ? Yes sir Reverb and slight compression that’s it .

geoguy

Reaction score
Back to the original topic . . . (if that is allowed?).

If the crack you're concerned about is indicated by the irregular white-dashed line that parallels the center strip in the last photo, wouldn't that crack already be "cleated" by the center strip? It appears to me that the center strip & the crack are quite close together.

I'd be inclined to accept a partial refund from the seller, & humidify the instrument to see if the "crack" tightened up.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Back to the original topic . . . (if that is allowed?).

If the crack you're concerned about is indicated by the irregular white-dashed line that parallels the center strip in the last photo, wouldn't that crack already be "cleated" by the center strip? It appears to me that the center strip & the crack are quite close together.

I'd be inclined to accept a partial refund from the seller, & humidify the instrument to see if the "crack" tightened up.

They would not offer a partial refund but they are paying for shipping and repair costs .

I’m having my custom builder Ben Wilborn do the repairs along with a full check which I pay for the extra time.

The action is a tad low , really perfect for me in standard tuning but I noticed the saddle is pretty low so the neck set will be checked if that checks out I’ll add a clear pick guard .

My resting fingers/Nails on the soundboard while finger picking tend to dig through everything so I want to prevent that on this Guitar Haha .

If I keep findings things wrong it might turn out to be a free Guitar lol

Edit ; neck set is good just checked

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Shes off to Reno for a massage . This Guitar gets more travel time then I do lol