First Love I've Shown to the Breedlove!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Y'all know how excited I was by this guitar. It's lived up to ALL expectations. Made me reevaluate some of my stable, but the most important thing is ... I was so busy playing and enjoying, that I just realized these strings are 1.75 years old!! Granted they weren't played on much but tonight I just threw some D'Addario EXP 80/20 Bronzes on it and WOW!! This guitar exceeds all expectations, seriously. Even when I play it HARD!! It's almost like you can't over drive it!! It just holds it own and it's tone and ... no problem. Does it sound like the big boys, nope. Not at all. But that's not why I bought it. I really can't say enough good things about it. And now it's all washed down and licked and fretboard and body cleaned and fretboard and bridge conditioned.... I'm good here. I wish I could just transport this guitar to y'all and see what you think.

But alas, that's still Star Trek technology...... anyway... good times. :encouragement::encouragement:

pWpzin.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So happy to put new strings on the new favorite guitar, and I used D'Addario EXP 14's coated 80/20 Bronze. They sound AMAZING and I'm happy. For now.

Does anyone else have a changing station? I know y'all do but our dining room gets little use so we use it as a changing station (not the baby kind) and any of you have this neck block thing? Don bought it and I SWEAR it works for ANYTHING it's like a 58 way thing that can change to any guitar!! It's a must have for changing strings and doing work and the foam mat is great too. Just wondering if anyone else is enjoying such fun things.... not the professional guys but just regular guys like me.... if you could consider me that. LMAO!! :encouragement:

BHk6Di.jpg

Emeflw.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Glad you are happy (or more than happy) with the Breedlove, Tom! I restring both my guitars every month, no matter the use (usually plenty of hours), I love new strings! Of course, having only two guitars makes it easier...

BTW, to restring, I use my lap - the technique is vintage, and so is my lap!

walrus

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
So happy to put new strings on the new favorite guitar, and I used D'Addario EXP 14's coated 80/20 Bronze. They sound AMAZING and I'm happy. For now.

Does anyone else have a changing station? I know y'all do but our dining room gets little use so we use it as a changing station (not the baby kind) and any of you have this neck block thing? Don bought it and I SWEAR it works for ANYTHING it's like a 58 way thing that can change to any guitar!! It's a must have for changing strings and doing work and the foam mat is great too. Just wondering if anyone else is enjoying such fun things.... not the professional guys but just regular guys like me.... if you could consider me that. LMAO!! :encouragement:

BHk6Di.jpg

Emeflw.jpg

That's a good looking guitar. I keep hearing sterling reviews for the Oregon guitars. Gonna have to check em out.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey sixx, this guitar is amazing. Prettier than she $hitty a$$ photos say, but it's just quickly becoming my new favorite. I had to have the BLUE one but if you get a chance take a look at the ALL MYRTLEWOOD version of the Oregon Concert. That Myrtlewood top is AH-MAHZING!! There was an open box one on Musician's Friend for just a hair over $1600!!! Killer deal.... go look and see!! 45 day return policy. You pay shipping back if you don't like it. Which you WILL!! Check it out.....

F312

Reaction score
I've used my lap but recently went to the table, way better. Got a free neck holder with a herc stand. Hey tom, check that string gun, mine stopped and had leaky batteries. Sprayed some deoxit to clean and it's working again.

Ralph

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sweet guitar, Tom.

I usually change strings in a spare moment at the shop, but my home setup is similar to yours. I use the Hercules holder and any handy towel. String-wise, the good old D'Addario EJ-16 has always been a favorite but I'm liking their new NB (Nickel Bronze) series, too.

ezstrummer

Reaction score
Beautiful Breedlove you got there. I think they are one of the best acoustics out there. I have two. an Ac black magic and A15 master class. Both great guitars.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
My buddy had a really nice (and not cheap) Breedlove OM...it was from one of their fancier series. It was a spectacular guitar and really changed the way I viewed the Breedlove brand. This particular OM had a 1 3/4" nut so I didn't GAS too hard for it...but it was on par with much more expensive guitars IMO. Breedlove has so many varying products, product lines, series etc....it is hard for me to know what is what. No doubt they have some really great guitars in their fleet. Enjoy yours.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
i played a couple Oregon series Breedloves before, they are super nice. Wow, strings nigh 2 years old. impressive.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey tom, check that string gun, mine stopped and had leaky batteries. Sprayed some deoxit to clean and it's working again.

Ralph

I started using Energizer Ultimate lithium AA's and AAA's in most of my battery powered devices. I had a really nice (i.e., expensive) Fenix flashlight in the car glove box that was ruined by 8 leaking Duracell alkaline batteries. When I called Fenix to see if I could get replacement parts, they shipped me a new flashlight. They have a customer for life now.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Always nice to read about Tom and his Blue Guitar which i think would make a great title for a children's book! :emmersed:

I string my guitars constantly because I have so many. I do it on my lap while watching movies on my computer and also treat the fretboard and frets with Gorgomyte in the process.

When I was in high school and playing my S300AD to death, I brought it in for fret leveling and the guy who ran the shop gave me hell for using old strings. Rusty strings are like rubbing a rope saw across your frets so if you keep your strings fresh your frets will last longer. As a result I cannot stand old strings and I also have not needed a fret job on any of my guitars in decades. If I pull out a guitar that's been sitting and the strings aren't smooth like new it immediately gets a new set. The only guitar that doesn't always have new strings on it is my Taylor and that gets Elixer Nanowebs which I find to be amazing.

And yes, I buy strings by the case.

ezstrummer

Reaction score
I finally have the picture thing figured out. here are my two Breedloves.
wSPXdJ7.jpg
gur.com/5oYE
kaKzhts.jpg
TQy.jpg[/img]
GvXz7x8.jpg
LOHlmYR.jpg
5oYETQy.jpg
wSPXdJ7.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey ez, thanks for sharing the photos!! Those are some SUPER nice looking Breedlove's you've got there!! I love the pinless bridge and the sound is amazing!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Reaction score
Wow, glad for you man, sounds like you are really happy with this Beauty :biggrin-new:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use my kitchen table, Tom, but I'm thinking that I really need a workshop so I can work on my guitars (and guns) without clearing the table.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
EZ, is that a koa top or it redwood? Beautiful.

Tom, really glad you're enjoying yours. Does it have one of those bridge doctors built into the body? I seem to recall that Breedlove did that.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No, Charlie, this is just regular normal/formal guitar construction. I think they dropped that bridge doctor thing a while back. Neither of my Breedloves has it. That Myrtlewood topped larger one is LOUD!! Holy Crap!! :encouragement:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HarryMo, just in case you missed it, I also just got her bigger badder sister about a month ago!! Here's the sisters together by the fireplace. Let me just say that myrtlewood is an AMAZING soundboard material!! I highly recommend. Heavy on the BASS and mids for sure but the highs are clear and lovely. It's almost like it's plugged in even when it's not!!! No lie!!

cuFX2l.jpg

I really wish the Orgeon Concert Rogue (the blue one) photographed true to color. It just doesn't at all. Refer to the Breedlove site for better photos than EYE can ever do!!! Still diggin' the "Love" sisters!! It's string changing time here at the house and we sold our dining room set when we left the old house. I have a beautiful, all mahogany Federal style dining table that I've had for years. I stripped it, and spit coated it and then.... we've been carting it around since forever!! We might even paint it, but I'm not sure yet. But it looks like this!!

Plus the old Throne chair. A Gothic revival reproduction that's at least 100 years old but no one wants furniture any more. NO ONE. It falls into the category of what they call "Old Brown Furniture". No one wants it from their parents, their grandparents, or us. It's worthless!! Isn't that sad?? They all shop at IKEA......

c65kzb.jpg

PzWV7t.jpg

3fW3M7.jpg

Dear GOD what to do???

That's what I did for a living. Took peoples old stuff and made it look new. Then took other peoples new stuff and made it look old. Seriously? But in the meantime, where do I change my strings????? :smiley_simmons:

Last edited:

ezstrummer

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been away for a while. The masterclass is a Redwood top with Walnut back and sides. Sounds amazing!