What's up with this DV52?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy my 2002 D-55 NT? Just lowered the price. :redface-new:

Yes but I can’t till I get the other Guitar paid off , man why do all the good ones come up for sale right after you bought a good one ? Lol

bobouz

Reaction score
As soon as someone says, "Way under true value," you've got to figure there may be something fishy going on.

Not worth the drive unless you can talk to the person first & size up the situation. Good move to pass!

Reaction score
Well, I think I gave him practical advice - tread slowly. More than one of the earlier posts here told him to "buy it". That $350.00 guitar looks very similar in style to the D40 you recently bought. If I remember correctly you had some problems getting used to the playability of the D40. The seller of the $350.00 guitar can't even spell the name of the manufacturer correctly - make / manufacturer: Giild. I would run away from that deal.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Probably just bad proofreading more then bad spelling - the "u" and "i" are right next to each other on the keyboard, that is an easy typo to make.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The guy did publish his phone number,,,so call him and ask a bunch of pertinent questions, that should give you a good feel for what's going on with this DV-52. If he has sketchy or evasive answers, seeya! The photos look pretty good, I'd want to put my hands on the guitar before actually buying it, but what could be wrong with it that would make it not worth 350 bucks?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The 52 Is sone sort of scam has to be , as I mentioned that ad has been out for over a year or more and it’s always the same .
Same pic same place . Just saying .

Last edited:

billymox

Reaction score
Maybe it was his father's guitar, and his father just died and it's a great deal. Or maybe some bracing is cracked or it needs a neck reset and it's a bad deal. I love playing and evaluating any mid to higher end guitars and also like day trips with a nice meal at Olive Garden or??? I've trained my son "you will never get a great deal on anything, if you conclude there must be something wrong with the item due to the price". Higher risk has "potential" for higher return, just like stocks. I bought a Guild F512 without seeing it, for $1000, the guy said he was a studio musician, bought it for 1 song, it was in new condition, so, I found a local music store to handle the money and ship it, it was a mint 12er.

poser

Reaction score
Hi Billymox. I see that this is your first post. Welcome to the board. Thanks for your input. Sounds like you got a great deal on that F512. It was a wise move to find a store to handle the money and the shipping

westerlyborn

Reaction score
Maybe the thing that's wrong with it is - it's stolen! Without close-ups of the neck set or bridge layout, it'd hard to judge. Careful!