Did i goof up ????

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
I bought my Savoy X150 from Legato guitars for a very good price, reason being that the original bridge had been switched out. A new potential buyer had requested wider spacing of the strings - very similar to what you show - before he would consider buying. He then backed out. The two outer strings wanted to slip over the edge of the fingerboard. I bought it anyway and Hans alerted me to a brand new Guild bridge available on ebay. I bought it and had my local luthier cut the spacing like stock. Perfect, and I saved hundreds on this beautiful example.

Dayummmm. That's gorgeous.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you can still see the pic, look at the odd string break from the bridge. There's a reason for the angle shot.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know. I can see all the eBay shots, if that is the one, but my eye isn't catching what you see, Default.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Last edited:

geoguy

Reaction score
I think I finally understand what Default is referring to. Compare the angles of the low E-string & high e-string, from the bridge back to the tailpiece, in this photo:

s-l1600.jpg

geoguy

Reaction score
I'd consider putting a shim of some kind under the treble side of the tailpiece mounting, until I had the time (or money) to have the tailpiece properly re-positioned.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The tailpiece can be moved and the screwholes might still be hidden, but the off-center bridge pickup route might not. Fender was willing to have me take it to a Service Center, but I wasn't optimistic over the care an orphan would get. :-(

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So, the bridge and tailpiece where shifted up slightly ? Wow. Wouldn't that make the strings off all the way down the neck ?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bridge is floating, so it can be intonated. The strings can be lined up with the polepieces, but then the treble e is off the fingerboard.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Considering that was THE guitar l wanted from Guild, it took some soul-searching to send it back, but l bought a T-400, an F-512 and a maple F-50, so l had some exemplary guitars to ease the pain.