2008 f-50

jylarkin

Reaction score
Just picked up a used, excellent-condition 2008 F-50 and I just love it! Even happier with this than my F-50R! In fact, this is model that first made me fall in love with Guild guitars when I first started playing more than 30 years ago. Of course I couldn't afford one back then as an 18yo kid, and not sure if this 50yo kid can afford it either, but I got a deal I just couldn't pass up.

Such a beautiful looking, playing, and sounding guitar. What a gem!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome News Jylarkin! Tacoma F50's are wonderful guitars and there is nothing that can compare with the Guild Arched Maple Back Jumbo tone. I have a F50 maple from New Hartford and it sounds almost like a mix of the Overtones of Rosewood with the Dry Crisp Clear projection you would expect from Maple. Every time I pick mine up it reminds me of the sounds of Grand Ole Opry and some of the finest sounding guitars and musicians ever to play, Just wish I could play like that, LOL! I also have a few F50Rs and I will say that I think the Best compliment to the sound of either Guild Jumbo is it's counterpart. It is just hard to go wrong with a Maple and Rosewood Guild Jumbo, You can pretty much cover all style with those 2 guitars.

I'm sure everyone here would love to see some pictures of your new addition! Is it burst or Natural finish? Congrats on the Cadillac of Guitars!

TX

jylarkin

Reaction score
Trying to create an ALBUM so I can post pictures, but there's no place to do that on my "user control page" as stated in the FAQ's.

Can someone help me out?​

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Photos have to be hosted on an off forum site...since photobucket stopped playing nice,, a lot of forum members have started using imgur.
Someone will probably be along to help you with it soon. Good luck.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. I like the simple double black line binding...and...well.....everything else about that guitar.

jylarkin

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm enjoying it.

BTW, does anyone happen to know what the saddle, nut, and bridge pins are made of on this guitar?

John

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi John,

I think the saddle is bone. Pretty sure it is on my 2006 F-512. I think my bridge pins are plastic, so yours probably are too, but I haven't done a string change in a while and I'm not positive. Bridge and fretboard are ebony, but you probably already knew that.

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar! Congrats!!!
JMHO, but I happen to think that the Tacoma F-50 and F-50r are among the finest guitars Guild ever produced!
I only buy used guitars, so I’m not sure how they came from the factory, but yours is late-Tacoma, so I’d guess bone nut and saddle and plastic pins. ( not completely sure about the nut though).
Play it in good health and Happy New Year!!!