Please help me find my 1974 S-100...

Reaction score
In 1974 my grandmother purchased this Guild for my Uncle. I used to stay at her house every summer and when I was 11 years old I found this guitar in her basement, opened the case, and my 27 year journey of playing guitar started. In 2005 I was forced to sell the guitar (Guitar Center Towson MD), and it just killed me. Over the years I've been trying to track it down, but with no luck. Recently, my grandmother passed away and we actually found the original receipt and hang tags in her home. She used to save everything and on the receipt was the serial number (105601), so there was a glimmer of hope that I could possibly bring it back to the family. Attached is the receipt image - purchased at Spratt Guitars where I took my first guitar lesson with the same instructor that taught my uncle. Guitar Center knows who bought the guitar, but they won't share the information with me. If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it and I will try to return the favor one day. Thanks! Mike mjrusch@gmail.com

Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%2012%2001%2056%20AM.jpg

Reaction score
In 1974 my grandmother purchased this Guild for my Uncle. I used to stay at her house every summer and when I was 11 years old I found this guitar in her basement, opened the case, and my 27 year journey of playing guitar started. In 2005 I was forced to sell the guitar (Guitar Center Towson MD), and it just killed me. Over the years I've been trying to track it down, but with no luck. Recently, my grandmother passed away and we actually found the original receipt and hang tags in her home. She used to save everything and on the receipt was the serial number (105601), so there was a glimmer of hope that I could possibly bring it back to the family. Attached is the receipt image - purchased at Spratt Guitars where I took my first guitar lesson with the same instructor that taught my uncle. I've been trying to track it down, any help would be greatly appreciated. My email is mjrusch@gmail.com or feel free to reach out through the forum. Guitar Center knows who purchased it, but they won't share any info with me...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxbxvgoqua020vw/Photo Sep 18, 12 01 56 AM.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Greetings! You'll need to put your pic on an external site (I don't recommend Photobucket!) and then link to it from here.

Good luck tracking down your S-100. I picked up a pair ('71 & '73) in early 2016 and love 'em both.

-Dave-

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guitar Center knows who purchased it, but they won't share any info with me...
Welcome aboard, MJ!
If it helps take the "sting" out of it, I'd be VERY surprised if Guitar Center actually still knows who purchased it.
Most companies wouldn't keep records that long for any reason, and that also assumes that person still owns it..
I think even if it was just last week though, that GC would have some obligation to protect the buyer's privacy.
Probably all kinds of ways unscrupulous folks could take advantage of that info if they let it out.
Not sure if there's an actual legal requirement or just a civil liability issue for them there, but I suspect that'd be a reason they couldn't tell you anything even if they wanted to, without the buyer's permission.
I AM very sympathetic to your mission, though.
Wonder if you could also post something like a "WANT TO BUY" ad on Reverb?

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi

Guitar Center folks could send a message to the person they think has it. Then he/she could contact you or send a message back via GC, ifhe/she wishes to stay secret. Slip some dollars to the manager.

Good luck with your pursuit and welcome on LTG

Nuuska