Another season coming to an end........

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
The days are numbered for my favorite season, Autumn......

M9o0A0e.jpg
[/IMG]

If things are dried out enough by this weekend, it'll be a nice roaring fire, fire roasted sausages, a fine cigar, a couple of our favorite libations and one last time outside this year for the F-30.

Troubles will seem so far away. If only for just a short time. :smile:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Squeeze out all you can, Terry. Fall is my favorite season, too! Love me some October!
I'm on the water, in the mountains, etc., as much as I can. The snow will fly soon enough. :friendly_wink:

I was just up in the mountains photographing larches in all their autumnal splendor, so it won't be long. Luckily, the saltwater/lowlands will remain snow-free, if we're on track with historical patterns.
And Snow Geese are already coming in! :eagerness:

Joe

poser

Reaction score
I guess the autumn ends early up in the Iron Ranges. Have a cosy winter.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Terry, that's just picture perfect. What a beautiful spot you have. I love Autumn, Winter, and Spring in Vegas. My favorite times. Still in the mid-80's to low 90's for a brief minute but now it plunges down to 53 at night. Where's my hoodie?? LOL!! This stupid heel surgery made me miss the last month of pool season. Now the heater's turned off the pool has plummeted down to the 60's and .... nope. The leaves are starting to come off the Mulberry trees in the front yard. The only good thing is usually we get some wind so.... the leaves get blown to someone else's yard so it's their problem!! LOL!!

Anyway, beautiful setting, amigo!! I'd be good until the first snow. Or the second. Hey, maybe it'll snow here this year? That'd be awesome! It's happened before. If you think people drive crazy here now, wait until a little snow falls!!! :devilish:

CA-35

Reaction score
Terry-

What an amazing picture .
I love the moss growing in between the brick pavers, the steel strapped oak wood barrel filled with aging Scotch I'm sure, and the almost perfect circle of red flowered shrubbery in the center of the pic reminds me of a strawberry ice cream cone.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I enjoy fall as well. However, as I've grown older, Winter has evolved into my favorite time of year. I don't ski or skate but it's just a beautiful picture here in NE Michigan when the snow lies deep, covers the rooftops and looks so dad gum gorgeous on the pine trees. It's very rural here where I live and as a result typically pretty quiet (except for deer hunting when a mid sized army invades the area). I don't hunt either so am always happy when that time is over and then I can hunker down to some nice crisp/cold weather with beautiful picture-quality landscapes.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is in Northern Michigan (Lower peninsula.)

BTakZyn.jpg

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I can't can't get enough of this Fall splendor. I like a kid in a candy store, spending as much time as possible outside, in the woods and at the area lakes. Unfortunately, by the end of this month everything outside will become very dull before the snow will bring back some interest.

Temps dipped below freezing last night and there was some frost, but we were lucky. We may be able to enjoy the color on our late season plants for another couple days.

Now comes the big problem. Getting rid of all those damn leaves!

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought this was about Game of Thrones. I'm just about caught up and can't bear the wait.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Took my coffee down to the lake first thing this morning and brought the camera along.

If the rest of my Friday goes like this, it will be a good day.

cTSVoKN.jpg
[/IMG]

geoguy

Reaction score
The only thing missing on that glassy water is a kayak, or a ski boat (with me at the end of the rope)!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like a great place to have a jam session around a campfire!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful spot! Like being away on vacation all the time - love it!

walrus

Jerry1

Reaction score
Hi Terry.
Today (Saturday) is starting out as a beautiful fall day. Leaves are at peak color at my home here in Hermantown.
I'm curious which lake you're on? I have a small cabin and acerage on a small lake in the Forbes area, so we're practically neighbors.
But winters coming fast, so today it's time to winterize and store the lawn mower and get the tractor ready for snow removal duty. Where did summer go?
Have a nice weekend, and enjoy the weather. Nice to meet you.
Jerry

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Terry.
Today (Saturday) is starting out as a beautiful fall day. Leaves are at peak color at my home here in Hermantown.
I'm curious which lake you're on? I have a small cabin and acerage on a small lake in the Forbes area, so we're practically neighbors.
But winters coming fast, so today it's time to winterize and store the lawn mower and get the tractor ready for snow removal duty. Where did summer go?
Have a nice weekend, and enjoy the weather. Nice to meet you.
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

We're on Crooked Lake in Itasca County. Joe would love the Forbes area and Sax-Zim Bog with all it's owls and the variety of other feathered creatures.