Oh yeah, and a Nightbird I

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Forgot about this one. My first spruce-topped Nightbird. It's a Nightbird I with Dimarzio pickups.

Guild-Nightbird-I-Top.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm so used to them chrome covers and thinking about HB-1s and SD1s and the like, I know very little about what I assume are EMG pickups. I need to go find a compar-O sound clip or video.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm so used to them chrome covers and thinking about HB-1s and SD1s and the like, I know very little about what I assume are EMG pickups. I need to go find a compar-O sound clip or video.

Those aren't EMG pickups - they're Dimarzios. EMGs always say EMG on them like this:

Guild-X88-Crue-Pickups-1024x683.jpg

EMGs are active (require a battery) and are a whole different animal if you're used to passive pickups. They have their place, and in my experience that place is when playing through high-gain amps. Of course, your millage may vary. :)

This Nightbird I has passive Dimarzios with black plastic covers to make them look like EMGs because in the late '80s, EMGs were *COOL*.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
No idea yet. They just say Dimarzio on the back.

dbirchett

Reaction score
So how many reviews are we waiting for at this point. Been PATIENTLY waiting for the Starfire V.