WTB WTB Guild JF65-12

Wanted to Buy

Longhorn Jumbo

Reaction score
Looking for a good condition Guild JF65-12. Blonde, with the sound hole rosette/inlay.
Can't find any for sale right now. Will keep a look out over the next few months.
I've got cash and/or a good lookin' 70's Martin D-28 if anyone wants to part with theirs!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the boards, LJ! Here's one at the GuitarCenter in Georgia that's claimed to be in great shape. Best of luck and keep us updated on your search!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I'm really hoping to find one with the sound hole rosette. Not sure what years they were doing that.

HI Longhorn welcome aboard!
My fuzzy memory wants to say they started abalone rosettes around '94, BUT I could be wrong.
Note that the earlier guitar posted, without abalone rosette, uses a "JFxxx" type s/n, but the s/sn prefix was changed to "AJ" sometime in '94, and that fits the s/n shown on the headstock of the one you linked.
That one's shown as a '96 and fits the s/n records, so that should be at least a guaranteed starting date if not the '94 I remember.
They kept the abalone rosette all the way until end of Westerly production in late '01.