AcousticGuitar.com reviews new Oxnard D-55 Review (Brief)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like Oxnard has been buying a lot of ads in Acoustic Guitar!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Time warp! At the end of the article it says it originally appeared in the "December 2017" issue...

walrus

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The vid’s Audio is not good on my end .

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I think they could've done a better recording. Sounds a bit thin and tinny to my ear. I don't think it's the guitar, but the recording. Glad they're finally pumping these out.....

marcellis

Reaction score
I think the climate of Oxnard will be conducive to building great-sounding Guilds.
Cordoba seems to be taking it slow as well. That’s a good sign.

jcwu

Reaction score
Remember that day we went to the future, but nothing had happened yet?? LMAO!!

That was the premise of a Stephen King book, The Langoliers, I think it was called. Some folks on a plane became trapped in "yesterday" after the world had moved on to "tomorrow", and these giant PacMan-like creatures came around to dispose of what was left of "yesterday", and the motley crew escape and make it to "tomorrow" right before it became "tomorrow", and it was like a ghost town and then all of a sudden time catches up and the place comes alive.

A really trippy book. And a trippy veer, I guess.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That was the premise of a Stephen King book, The Langoliers, I think it was called. Some folks on a plane became trapped in "yesterday" after the world had moved on to "tomorrow", and these giant PacMan-like creatures came around to dispose of what was left of "yesterday", and the motley crew escape and make it to "tomorrow" right before it became "tomorrow", and it was like a ghost town and then all of a sudden time catches up and the place comes alive.

Yeah, sounds super trippy for sure, jc. That I followed it and kinda understand the premise really worries me a bit but.... hey, it's ME!! LMAO!!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Stephen King has always been a little out there and I dig it. I just want some of what he was smoking when he wrote that one, LOL!:rolleyes:

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I sent an Emeil asking them to fix it so .......

Many won’t like what I’m gunna say but following along how the guitarist was playing I’m not so sure I want to hear it in the normal sense lol maybe I over stepped my place here but it’s just the big feeling of Lame ! I got, Lol . Hope I’m wrong .

Reaction score
Great review and a crappy video! The audio was just sub-par! And the playing wasn't great! Did not do the guitar justice...I HOPE! If the actual guitar sounds that dull...yikes!

But I watched it a couple of times...and I have a good amp/speaker set up for the desktop computer...and it just seems like the audio is of poor quality...and the playing could have been a lot better. (Not that I play any better, but if you're including a video to go with a review, it should be a video that accurately and professionally reflects what the review states...and it says it's the best D55 yet...but the video does not back that up!)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Completely agree with Ray and Retro. That audio stinks and the playing isn't the kind of playing you want to show off a Flagship model guitar for a review article. From what I could hear it sounded like the player was pushing a few strings out of tune when he was playing chords causing the chords to be a little flat or sharp. They need to put up another video with a decent recording and a more experienced player so folks can get a better feel for the sound of the guitar, unless that is the sound of the guitar in which case I would not post a video at all. I am sure they will get it worked out, Hopefully.

TX

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
See, that's the problem with tryin' to please the experts like ya'll. It's pretty tough to do. For me at least, while it might not be the best recording on the face of the planet, and he may not be the ideal guy to demo the guitar, it still gave me a decent sense of what the guitar is all about. I believe it will be just fine.