GAD's Guide to Guild Nightbirds

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Since I sat in an airport for about six hours recently, I managed to put the finishing touches on this pile of words that aims to help people identify the different types of Nightbirds in existence.

I have four or five Nightbird reviews queued up and this info was getting replicated in one way or another in all of them so I pulled out the common bits and put it into a single location. A fair bit of this info is just from observations I've made so it's not exactly what I'd call set in stone. Hopefully I've made that clear in the article.

I can also say that just compiling this info for Nightbirds has made me wonder how Hans has kept his sanity because I cannot imagine doing this for the entire Guild catalog.

Anyway, here's what I've got. Please PM me any errors you might find. I also look forward to being proven completely wrong about it all when Hans next book comes out. :)

http://www.gad.net/Blog/2017/10/23/gads-guide-to-guild-nightbirds/

Guild-LavaBurst-Nightbird-Full.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
GAD, I was just sitting here when you posted that. Great stuff, as usual! I'm glad you included the Nightingale, just so I can look at another photo of one...

walrus

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Excellent stuff! I did spot a typo in the Nightbird II section: “In September 1997…”

Re. the charts: Hans told me that despite my Custom having a 1991 serial number it’s actually a ‘90. So I imagine those charts will get skated off the rink by Hans’ upcoming book. :)

-Dave-

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well thanks; I want a Nightbird now...
Very informative, fun article. GAD strikes again!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Excellent stuff! I did spot a typo in the Nightbird II section: “In September 1997…”

Re. the charts: Hans told me that despite my Custom having a 1991 serial number it’s actually a ‘90. So I imagine those charts will get skated off the rink by Hans’ upcoming book. :)

-Dave-

Thanks,

I expect me to spend some long hours fixing stuff in my articles after reading Hans' next book. :)

Reaction score
GAD, wow, I did come across the X3000 but never knew that it shared serial numbers with the X2000, makes both guitars all the more valuable in my mind. Great right up!

Reaction score
One other thing to note, in the X-2000 section, the 1993 serial number CL000054 is an X2000. Spotted it on the second read through, always appreciate your articles!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
And that right there is why I call it the "often incorrect Guild serial number chart"