Guild F-30 standard with natural finish?

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I am really interested in seeing where I can find this guitar in Canada. See the orchestra styled guitar in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJARCV6z-2U

I feel that it would suit me perfectly and would like to know what kind of pricing would be common for this model?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome.

That video features the F30 Standard from New Hartford, which is no longer in production (in part because Guilds are no longer produced at the New Hartford factory). So if that is what you want then you need to search the usual places for used instruments or that rare dealer who has new old stock. I don't know if Guild (now making guitars in Oxnard, CA) has announced plans for a similar model or not but even if they had it would be months before you had one in your hands.

I vaguely remember street prices would have been less than $1500 USD, new so I would budget at least $1000 USD.

You should take everything I say with a couple grains of salt but I'm sure more informed opinions, or better memories, or both, will be along soon.

bobouz

Reaction score
I believe Dave's has had that F-30 for quite some time now.

Don't know if there's a problem with it, but the price seems reasonable (if there are no issues).

You might want to give them a call & ask for a very detailed in-hand description. When I do this, I have a complete checklist of questions in front of me, covering structural issues from head to toe, playability, and tone.

Best of luck in your quest!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
O
I believe Dave's has had that F-30 for quite some time now.

Don't know if there's a problem with it, but the price seems reasonable (if there are no issues).

You might want to give them a call & ask for a very detailed in-hand description. When I do this, I have a complete checklist of questions in front of me, covering structural issues from head to toe, playability, and tone.

Best of luck in your quest!

Top not quarter sawn correctly or so it looks other then that pretty little thing :)

bobouz

Reaction score
Top not quarter sawn correctly or so it looks other then that pretty little thing :)

Dave's lighting might be making that runout look more severe than it really is.

Would be interesting to see & play in person!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think that top looks absolutely lovely.

Yeah you folks are right , I’ve taken a closer look at it , decided to investigate but some fool drinking Evan Williams cherry which is a straight Bourbon mixed with a cherry liqueur bought the thing at least that’s what the guy told me :(