Fats Domino

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I guess I really don't have to tell you the news, lord knows we've seen it all too often these last couple of years.....
welcome to the great gig in the sky, Antoine.

2320938_900.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
RIP Big Man, Thanks for all the songs and memories. This has been a really rough past few years and it looks like there is no end in sight.

TX

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
GEEZ :upset:
Fats was my idol growing up. He had a unique voice, sweet, melodious and groovy. May he rest in peace. I like the photo Adorshki posted, showing how differently Fats approached his hair style, compared to the Beatles. He was first and foremost a music trend setter, a foundationalist of rock and roll.

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Goodbye to one of the founding fathers of Rock & Roll.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
When Hurricane Katrina hit NOLA, Fats was living in lower 9th ward and here is a quote from him on why he did not leave the flooded house:

"I had some wine and a couple beers with me, I was ok."

:)

I really respect and appreciate artists who just leave the limelight, on their own terms, when they just do not want to be in it anymore. Then go lead a more normal life etc, not missing it...that was Fats.

coolness

Last edited:

dougdnh

Reaction score
Fats may be considered the first rock and roll star - he had his first hit in 1949. His stuff is still fun to listen to.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been a bit disconnected from the world for a while. Then I check in to find this news. Sad day..... 89 is a good run, I must say. RIP.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Remember in the 50s as a young boy, growing up on rural farm in Middle TN raking hay with a Farmall C and trying to bellar out, "Blueberry Hill" over the roar of the tractor and screeching of a New Holland side deliver hay rake. Surely, passing motorist slowed to hear a squeaky off key voice singing loudly.
Fats you helped some hot days pass.
After all -- if only the birds who sing beautifully sang in the forest, the woods would be quiet.