NGD...almost...

Reaction score
I just couldn't help it! LOL!

The "Wayfaring F50r" that I got from Neal awhile ago is such a great sounding and playing guitar that it has quickly become my favorite!
And I have SO much fun playing it on stage and at home, but I guess I kinda goofed up by having Kris Kristofferson sign it! LOL!

I'm sort of reluctant to take it to some of the places I play now! Not that I play bad places...but accidents CAN happen. And before, it was just a nice players-grade Guild Jumbo...but now that it's signed by a celeb, someone MIGHT have designs on it! My friends think I'm too trusting (I mean, like, really, who's going to steal from ME?) but I AM in L.A.
It won't stop me from playing it, but it'll just make me a bit more careful and selective where I take it! (And I haven't had the signature "sealed" yet, because I don't want to affect the tone!)

I will still play it a lot...but I've been sort of looking around for another one to knock around with (which was the original intent for the Wayfarer). So I found another 2005 Tacoma-built F50R...made a couple of months before mine...on Reverb. AND, (to reference another posting) it has the Guild G Shield and Logo in the lower, Westerly, position, which I really like. And the sunburst looks nice.

I watched it for quite awhile and made 3 or 4 offers on it. (At some point in its' life, it spent time on some sort of hanger...either a stand or wall hanger...and whatever material the hanger was made from, reacted badly with the finish on either side of the headstock, and that's a concern). We finally reached a deal today. It's all the way across the country in GA, so it'll take awhile to get here.

Fingers crossed...the waiting begins!

EBukHUn.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

LMR3D77.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Q4KiPnY.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations RR! When it arrives, you can orient the truss rod cover properly :cool-new:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's beautiful, RR!!! I love that one. As much as I love KK I wouldn't allow him to sign ANY of my guitars, ever!! It's a thing I have. So I guess I can play them all out and no one would care, right? Right now I'm getting the house ready for sale and also actively buying a new place so.... they're all in the closet except for two. This is HORRIBLE!!! :devilish::devilish:

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
She's beautiful, Retro! I've always been a natural type of guy but that burst is starting to sway me. It just looks so right on that guitar! Hmmmm...
Congratulations!

Reaction score
She's beautiful, Retro! I've always been a natural type of guy but that burst is starting to sway me. It just looks so right on that guitar! Hmmmm...
Congratulations!

Yeah, I’ve mostly been into the natural tops, or solid black, but yeah there’s something about the burst on this, with the rosewood, that I think looks sweet!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats :) been watching that myself but can’t do anything for a while on my end lol

Let us know how it sounds and enjoy ;)

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....I guess I kinda goofed up by having Kris Kristofferson sign it! LOL!
I'm sort of reluctant to take it to some of the places I play now! ...but I've been sort of looking around for another one to knock around with....

Well, that's understandable! That Kristofferson sig is pretty precious and not really the guitar you want to have out and about gigging all the time. And what a beauty replacement! Gorgeous burst!

F312

Reaction score
Looks like someone's wall hanger for sure.

Ralph

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great Grab Retro! That sure is a pretty burst finish. I would bet if the marks on the head stock bother you that you could get a good Luthier to repair the finish in that area and blend in some Nitro to even it out. Regardless it is a beautiful F50R and I hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Seems like F50R's are falling out of the sky right now with a couple in the FS/FT section and more than a few on Reverb, Craigslist, and Ebay. I am trying to show some restraint!

TX

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey RR nice grab! Just to add on the autograph, I think if you try to "seal" it with clear coat it will actually get smudged off much faster than just leaving it alone. If you sanded it or primed it somehow first, then you could maybe clear coat it. I am basing this off of an experience of a friend. I believe his guitar may have been poly, but likely the same result. Its ok if the auto fades, smudges, or gets drastically altered from playing, time, exposure etc (should be a long, long time before that). but "sealing" it may very well speed that whole situation up.

Reaction score
The good thing is , Neal had already “de-glossed” the guitar giving it a flat, almost satin-like finish. So the signature isn’t over gloss. It doesn’t smear. I just don’t want anything spilled on it.

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Can't blame you, Retro! It's like an autographed jersey. No wash/no wear...frame it!