F-30 Standard Ngd

Kitarkus

Reaction score
You saved me kitarkus ! I gave no thought to the return policy and went with the “ nah they won’t screw me thing “ but that’s exactly what they wanted if you ask me .

It was 48 hrs return . I made a mad dash for FedEx right after your post .

While checking out the return policy there were some pictures of the store and one I take was Dave .

I’m not politically correct never was but I did not get a fuzzy warm feeling gazing upon said Dave more like arm a yourself and shot to ... well you know lol

I hope I have no further issues .

Thanks again and hugs ��

Sorry that you had to go through this ordeal. Did you see this https://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Guild-...651564?hash=item4b2bd0cd6c:g:IrUAAOSwkLhZ-P0q

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ray, does the gap at neck impact the playability at all? Do you like playing the F30?

sunpowder

Reaction score
That is a bummer about the neck/fretboard gap. The other stuff looks minor, but the gap would worry me.

I hope Dave's makes it right for you. I have dealt with Dave's before and had a very nice, honest transaction on a guitar purchase and trade-in (and I am in the Chicago area). They were very above board with their description of what I was buying and fair with what they offered me for my trade in. But that was years ago. They have a good reputation as far as I know, and always seem to have fair prices. Let's hope they live up to my opinion of them on your transaction.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Thanks kit , I’m only interested in New heartford model .

Ray, does the gap at neck impact the playability at all? Do you like playing the F30?

It played ok but the neck had issues as the strings behind noted frets layed on top the frets behind and you could here what I call back fretting notes annoying as heck .

Other wise I’m not buying a project Guitar :(

That is a bummer about the neck/fretboard gap. The other stuff looks minor, but the gap would worry me.

I hope Dave's makes it right for you. I have dealt with Dave's before and had a very nice, honest transaction on a guitar purchase and trade-in (and I am in the Chicago area). They were very above board with their description of what I was buying and fair with what they offered me for my trade in. But that was years ago. They have a good reputation as far as I know, and always seem to have fair prices. Let's hope they live up to my opinion of them on your transaction.

Well I thought they were nice to but I’m old school in the fact that I should have been supplied with all info available like return policy , the exact condition of the Guitar shipping responsibility etc I got none of it .
As I said before they not even to this day cared to tell me they refuse to pay for return shipping .
I can’t help but believe that they wanted the 48 hr window to expire .

They have not answered my last two emails so at the moment I just hope they refund me .

I’m half expecting them to charge me a restocking fee for peats sake 😠

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks kit , I’m only interested in New heartford model .

It played ok but the neck had issues as the strings behind noted frets layed on top the frets behind and you could here what I call back fretting notes annoying as heck .

Other wise I’m not buying a project Guitar :(

Well I thought they were nice to but I’m old school in the fact that I should have been supplied with all info available like return policy , the exact condition of the Guitar shipping responsibility etc I got none of it .
As I said before they not even to this day cared to tell me they refuse to pay for return shipping .
I can’t help but believe that they wanted the 48 hr window to expire .

They have not answered my last two emails so at the moment I just hope they refund me .

I’m half expecting them to charge me a restocking fee for peats sake 😠

I’m quoting myself here to say that Dave’s Guitar has contacted me last night .

It seems the person I’m in contact with had some days off .

So for the time being I’ll retract all negitive feelings and wait till the conclusion to see what side of the fence I am with them .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok Guitar was recieved and refund is scheduled.
So they came through .
The Guitar is already back on Reverb .... ? Should I be surprised ? Heck I don’t know is the fret issue discribe in the info ?

Anyway unfortunate it was a great sounding F30 a really really good sounding one . 😑

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I hope you can find another (better) one soon, Ray.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ok Guitar was recieved and refund is scheduled.
So they came through .
The Guitar is already back on Reverb .... ? Should I be surprised ? Heck I don’t know is the fret issue discribe in the info ?

Anyway unfortunate it was a great sounding F30 a really really good sounding one .

Ray you've been through a few guitars here now, so I can't recall, did you ever have to reject a Guild because it didn't sound really really good?
:friendly_wink:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray you've been through a few guitars here now, so I can't recall, did you ever have to reject a Guild because it didn't sound really really good?
:friendly_wink:

No , you win that one but that’s only because I know despite what some may think lol “ what to look for to weigh the odds in my favor “ but I have played Guilds that have under performed “ but to be fair that’s to my ear alone not that the guitar wasn’t good just not to my tonal tolerances . 😁

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Man what an ordeal! F-30 is likely my next purchase was following this thread really hoping to see a rave review. Good luck finding the right one Ray.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Man what an ordeal! F-30 is likely my next purchase was following this thread really hoping to see a rave review. Good luck finding the right one Ray.

D-man no worries on the review , it’s get yourself a NH F30 the tone was pretty darn good at least that model ! Despite the fretboard issue . I would not hesitate to get another one as long as it’s good .

I almost bought another one had to cancel the deal because the bridge is pulling up and bellying the top . Another NH f30 failure . 😠