NGD...2005 F50R 'Burst

Reaction score
It arrived today, one day early via FedEx, all the way from Georgia.
It came in a cardboard Martin guitar box...in it's proper hard shell case...but NO packaging materials...but I pulled it out and it was IN TUNE! I mean perfectly in tune! How's that even possible?
Whew!

Beautiful guitar, LOVE this particular burst (it photographs lighter than it really is, it really has a sort-of warm chocolate look...the brown of the burst into the rosewood sides and the dark neck...it's just luscious looking! It's got a couple of tiny dings here and there, as was expected and described, but it's mission in life is to be a great stage guitar! It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be!

Action is nice and low with no buzzing. SMOOTH. Old strings, and it still rings out and sustains.

Going in for new bone compensated bridge...bone nut and bridge-pins too.
I'll have the frets dressed while it's there...and I'll have him look at the little scars on the head stock from the hanger...although they are barely noticeable unless you're looking for them.

AND..I'll have the Fishman Matrix Natural 1 removed and replaced with my favorite...the K&K Mini, with volume control. The Fishman just sounds harsh and plastick-y...even with EQ its just not natural and lush sounding.

More later..I've got some playing to do!

Here's a coupla pics...right out of the box!

LgfYCfW.jpg
[/IMG]

Note the G Shield and logo are lower than later Tacoma-builts...and a little off-center on this one too (just like the other 2005 I got from Neal...interesting...maybe that's one of the reasons Tacoma Guilds relocated the logo and G-Shields on later 2005's and for the rest of production?) And, yeah, I'll flip the TRC! LOL!

xNUEZrW.jpg
[/IMG]

NJcuPAj.jpg
[/IMG]

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Retro, She is Beautiful! Might want to ask moderator to move this one to the Acoustic section though. I hope you enjoy it for years to come my friend!

TX

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like a beauty RR. Play it in good health!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! The pictures really don’t do it justice! The sellers pics are actually better at representing what she really looks like.

So how do I get this moved to the acoustic section?

Last edited:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
pm one of our nice volunteer mods...who probably hasn't noticed it yet and/or is busy with life...

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gosh, that's a sweet F-50R. Well, pretty much all F-50Rs are sweet. :)

I think Tacoma might've called this an "iced tea" 'burst, but I'm not sure.

Congrats!!

Oh, p.s., if you're putting in a new system, you might consider Seymour Duncan Wavelength Duo (a.k.a MultiSource). https://www.seymourduncan.com/acoustic/wave-length-multi-source-system-steel You won't be disappointed. (not that there's anything wrong with the K&K)

( thread moved )

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ooooo so jealous haga congrats she looks wonderful .
Audio !!! Lol

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Don’t know who the mods are

Main Page. Down at the Bottom. Site Leaders.

http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showgroups.php

In practice, on LTG, all Moderators are Super Moderators which just means they can Moderate anywhere, and not just a certain thread.

All the Administrator accounts belong to Don, the Site Owner. He tends not to be involved unless something deals with a User or Account or is spiraling out of control.

Gone But Not Forgotten are the users who are no longer alive. Some of us like to imagine them in Heaven playing Guilds and not harps.

Reaction score
I found a 2005 Guild pricelist online and it says the finish is called “antique burst” and the Fishman Matrix Natural 1 was factory-installed. I’m going to explore the possibilities of this pickup before replacing, especially with my Fishman Aura Specrrum DI. No real hurry to replace it IF i can get it to sound good, I’ve just not had a lot of success with USTs, except for fhe DTAR in my 2012 F50.
But acoustically it sounds just amazing! Full, rich, even tone, easy to play, sustain and volume...Even with the original nut, saddle and pins, whatever they are made of. Man, I really lucked out with this one!

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful, nice score! Wonderful slab of rosewood!