Hoboken ghost label f30

Bmack59F30

Reaction score
Hey folks, my name is Barry and I own one of these and I search for them from time to time.

I have not seen one come up for years, but this looks interesting, except for the pictures and serial number strangeness it looks real. Even the serial number, the real one is there, it just has all these other numbers scratched in around??? Weird.

https://bluedogguitars.com/products/1959-guild-f30-aragon

If it is legit, this is a good price in my opinion. I've owned and played a lot of guitars, as we all have in this forum. But my f30 is really an unbelievable guitar. Super small neck though, so be advised.

barry

sunpowder

Reaction score
That's a beauty! Like the old Gibson-esque headstock. I have a '64 F30 that is so sweet.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wouldn't be surprised if those are the first and last number groups from a previous owners SSN... they are the right format. Perhaps two digits of the SN make up the rest. Was common in the 70s for police depts. to suggest engraving your SSN into anything valuable... they'd even loan the engraver.

Neal

Reaction score
I called Blue Dog to inquire.

1 5/8" nut, 24.75"scale.

Low saddle. Good action currently, but will be a neck reset candidate in the future.

I am passing on it due to the nut width.