Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nad! 200-s

Thanks for clearing up the story of Sunn amps!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AcornHouse View Post
    All I can find at the moment is a Jetstar II Bass stereo.
    I got knocked off of my soap box when I insisted Guild never called the double cutaway JS bass a JetStar, but it was far more commonly called the JS. I know there were JS variants that included stereo but I don't recall any JetStars. In fact the only JetStar IIs I recall were Dearmonds. So is this the Gumby shape, in which case it is a curiosity worth discussing separately or is this double cutaway JS II?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

Quote Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I got knocked off of my soap box when I insisted Guild never called the double cutaway JS bass a JetStar, but it was far more commonly called the JS. I know there were JS variants that included stereo but I don't recall any JetStars. In fact the only JetStar IIs I recall were Dearmonds. So is this the Gumby shape, in which case it is a curiosity worth discussing separately or is this double cutaway JS II?
    The listing hedges its bets and calls it both Jetstar AND JS II. https://reverb.com/item/6027108-1973...rn-jsb2-stereo
    Chris
    ---
    '56 A-50, '57 CE-100, '60 X-150, '61 M-20, '62 F-20, '64 S-50 Jetstar, '64 Mark II, '65 SFIV, '71 S-90, '75 F-112, '75 Mark IVp, '81 M-80,
    '82 S-275, '86 T-250, '88 Detonator, '93 X-500, '97 Bluesbird, '99 F-30, '16 NS S-200 Thunderbird
    '54 Masteramp, '60 99j, '63 200-S, '66 Thunderbass, '69 Thunderstar, '92 G-500
    Acorn House
    '08 Parlor, '10 Butternut Deuce, '13 Rounder, '14 Kulakeiki

'94 G&L Legacy
    '03 Elder Lute
    ---
    http://acornhouseworkshop.com/

I remember seeing a S100 origionally "wired up" for stereo including "Stereo" engraved on the TRC.

As luck would have it I actually bought a Guild TRC with the "stereo" engraving off of eBay years ago.
    M

That JS2 (my as well abbreviate it) doesn't look stock with the added mini switch. I was under the impression the stereo guitars were wired for neck as one channel and bridge for for the other with middle being both channels.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matsickma View Post
    That JS2 (my as well abbreviate it) doesn't look stock with the added mini switch. I was under the impression the stereo guitars were wired for neck as one channel and bridge for for the other with middle being both channels.

M
    Hmm. Every example I can find seems to have the switch there, but since every example I can find is carved natural, I may be seeing the same bass in several places. You do have a point - what does the traditional PU select toggle actually do if the bass is wired as you suggest?

Edit:

I take that back. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ereo-206373976
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

Frono,
    You would have more experience on this model. It just looked like a aftermarket modification.

Years ago I got to play a BB model guitar. It had two output jacks. One was for mono and the other was for stereo. I assumed they used a make/break jack on the mono output. Seemed like a nice way to get both functions without a switch.
    M

BB as in BB King "Lucille".