Luthier named Chris Bozung

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
When I was looking for a good acoustic, a friend took me to see a luthier near the Fairview - Dickson exit about 30 miles west of Nashville. The luthier's name is Chris Bozung and he makes high quality guitars (or that is what the owners of his guitars say). I knew I was out of my league when I saw and heard one. But what impressed me was two things:
1. his genuine humility
2. he had something good to say about all the brand of guitars that came uo in our hour conversation.
His shop is a converted two car garage.
My question is-do any of you own or have you played a Chris Bozung built guitar?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stu, I don't usually recommend other forums to people, but the Acoustic Guitar Forum has a "custom shop" forum that has tremendous luthier content. You might want to look there.

Anyway, best wishes. I have never heard of this luthier.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
chazmo:
Thanks and will mozi on over to other forum for a second.
I googled him and folks singing his praises but his prices above my budget, however, I am thinking about the Publishers Clearing House

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
10 month bump:
Hoping someone on here who reads this owns or has played a Chris Bozung (CB) acoustic guitar. Around Nashville Chris is a well respected luthier. Just a super nice human being. Before I figure out how I am going to get one built or trade for a used one, I would love to hear from a member or two of LTG. Most of you seem to be straight shooters and hard for me not to be biased being I have a CB guitar at the top of my want list. I have heard one in person and just made the 150th Anniversary Martin D28 sound inferior. Never played one.
Someone chime in please and steer me, correctly.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Shelby, did you want me to come and get the D46 to start your GoFundMe fund? :devilish:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Might be the very last one I would sell-too good of story on delivery

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just checked out the CB Guitar website and saw several pictures of the late Pete Huttlinger and his CB guitars along with other known pickers.