any Jimmy Page fans?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually, I'm more of a Zeppelin fan than a Page fan. Their combined synergy was incredible. I saw them in Seattle in '75 on their Swan Song tour, tickets were a whopping $9.00.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Isn't he the same guy that does the Breakfast Sausage?

TX

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for posting this, I am a fan of Jimmy Page.

One example from the movie "It might get loud", he is such a cool guy (and great guitar player):

Ralf

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
That was so cool Ralf...what a great peak inside.

And thanks for that Walrus...I've got it queued up for later tonight when i have more time.

Zeppelin. Awesome.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A fan, here...

Hard to see how anyone could deny Page's inventive genius.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Zeppelin. Awesome.
Although I first heard him when "Whole Lotta Love" hit the radio, I later discovered just how far ahead of their time the Yardbirds were during his tenure.
Not a whole lot of info out there, but I stumbled across this blog the other day.
No diehard Page fan should be without it:
http://yardbirds68.blogspot.com/

A free sample from that blog:

tumblr_na9s8u5fkm1stbyx4o1_1280.jpg

Besides the commonly cited "White Summer" being the obvious source for "Black Mountain Side", and the "Only the Black Rose" being the forerunner of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" for the acoustic ballad slot under Zeppelin, he was also already bowing his guitar and working out the chops for "Dazed and Confused" on the stage in the final Yardbirds days.

The release of the last Yardbirds album Little Games was woefully ill-timed and bubble-gummed-up by Mickie Most (Herman's Hermits and Donovan's producer) besides; but even Most couldn't dilute the raw power of the other great Page performances on that album:
"Little Games"; "Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor", and a cut that was never officially released for over 20 years: "Think About It" which would have been right at home on Zep 1 or 2.
I'm tellin' ya, you won't be disappointed to look 'em up on YouTube.