Upcoming gig and nervous

Velvet Phelts

Reaction score
Been there, Done that, Wrote a song about it . Here it goes. I can't stand the 1,4,5 progression over and over. So this is a parody stab.

"Little story, tell you how it goes, You've got to buy the tickets, If you wanna do the show Mmmm hmmmm, You gotta pay____a little dues."

Promoters where I used to live would tell you. Sure you can open for, (joe shmoe) insert artist name here.______________________________________________ All you have to do is guarantee ticket sales.
Otherwise Pay to play.
That's why I got into music.
That's why we all got into it, right?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gee, and all this time I thought it was about having fun!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this and was reading what Velvet had written. As I was reading the "tips", I came across the part about someone heckling you. I thought to myself, OR you could invite the heckler to come and play. Then I remembered a story about Phil Keaggy having just finished a performance, and afterward, Phil and some friends went to a local bar and grill to eat. There was a guy playing guitar in the grill. Phil and his friends began laughing at something one of them had said at the table, totally unrelated to the performer. The performer, thinking Phil's table was laughing at his playing, got ticked off and took issue, and declared that any of them at the table who felt they could do better should come on up. Phil did. Ouch!

West