'67 F30 SB Rescue...Yeek

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
Audio !!!!!

Hehe...I like you all too much than to subject you to my hamfistedness.

It truly is amazing what proper humidification will do for a solid wood guitar. My Orpheum 12 fret 12 string came to me new from a shop in Salt Lake City where it had sat on a wall for two years neglected of proper humidification. When it got here to the Gulf coast the fret ends were sticking out far enough to hang a finger on on both sides of the fretboard and the ebony fretboard was so dry it looked like light rosewood. After 2 weeks down here in the Humidity the frets ends were completely covered and the fretboard returned to it's deep dark grain. I would love to find a guitar that was severely dried out and then do a time lapse video of it being re-humidified over a two week period. I would bet the change from dried out to properly humidified in the time lapse would be pretty dramatic not to mention really cool to see the process.

Glad she is coming around and glad to hear you are loving it! Failure to properly humidify a solid wood guitar is probably the number one reason for them needing repairs.

TX

Geez, you'd think a shop that carries an expensive guitar like the Orpheum would know better. Even the GC's usually have a humidifier running here where it's dry like SLC.

Any excuse to buy another guitar, eh?
Of course, I gotta admit, I would watch the video.
:biggrin-new:

Me too...I love watching those time lapse vids.

Glad to hear everything is moving in the right direction, sixx! Anxious for the next update!

Ty sir for the good thoughts. So far so good.