What’s this F30

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What’s this F30

Yeah so I came across this f30 never seen the ID before it’s a f30 aco gt
No dual exhaust or racing stripes sooo what is it besides a f30 ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Add the f30 HR to the question 😁 lol

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
A little help here. Are you talking about something written on a label, in a Guild catalog or something that a seller "made up" and used in a listing. "aco gt" sounds like a pretentious way to say "acoustic guitar" and could be someone's in-house way of managing inventory. "HR" has been seen on instruments indicating a Hand Rubbed finish. I have no idea if or when Guild offered a hand rubbed finish on a F-30 but it seems legit.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A little help here. Are you talking about something written on a label, in a Guild catalog or something that a seller "made up" and used in a listing. "aco gt" sounds like a pretentious way to say "acoustic guitar" and could be someone's in-house way of managing inventory. "HR" has been seen on instruments indicating a Hand Rubbed finish. I have no idea if or when Guild offered a hand rubbed finish on a F-30 but it seems legit.

Ooo yeah that’s right on the HR totally forgot I read that in one of the recent treads . It’s on the label for this one .

The ACO GT I guess is creative writing lol I have no idea besides the guitar being beat up but “ sounds great “ lol it could I suppose .

This aco gt has gotten around just from googling it many different listings as it’s same guitar .

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The ACO GT I guess is creative writing lol I have no idea besides the guitar being beat up but “ sounds great “ lol it could I suppose
Yeah Yeah they all sound great after they're beat up.

Having seen a fair amount of F30 lore recently, I'm gonna take a guess that you might want to vet the size on that puppy, because there was very late ('00) version of it that actually shared the body size of the M20 (13-3/4" lower bout instead of 15", at least that's what I saw in a Vintage Guitar Blue book recently.) and "HR" was increasingly used in late Westerly production to help keep cost (and thus, price) down.
This'd be the first F30 "HR" I can remember hearing of, so it set off my alarm buzzer..

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah they all sound great after they're beat up.

Having seen a fair amount of F30 lore recently, I'm gonna take a guess that you might want to vet the size on that puppy, because there was very late ('00) version of it that actually shared the body size of the M20 (13-3/4" lower bout instead of 15", at least that's what I saw in a Vintage Guitar Blue book recently.) and "HR" was increasingly used in late Westerly production to help keep cost (and thus, price) down.
This'd be the first F30 "HR" I can remember hearing of, so it set off my alarm buzzer..
It’s a westerly looks like F30 body
Label says F30 HR
Serial AF300032

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It’s a westerly looks like F30 body
Label says F30 HR
Serial AF300032
AF3000001 had the month and date of manufacture stamped on the inside of the guitar toward the neck (February 1998). It means AF3000032 seems to be from a little bit after in 1998. Hans had previously dated a S/N AF300451 also as 1998.

EDIT: Comment deleted because I was wrong. See Hans' clarification below!

s-l1600.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guy Says it’s 15 ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, who knows. Question is if the seller said 15" because that is what most F-30 spec sheets show or if he really measured her.
The M-20/F-30HR story is that it came out in 1998 with 13-3/4". Picture looks like 15" however...
Hans won't tell in public I guess until his new book comes out.
Ralf

I asked them to check it out again .

What kind of tone do these years have anyone know ?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, who knows. Question is if the seller said 15" because that is what most F-30 spec sheets show or if he really measured her.
The M-20/F-30HR story is that it came out in 1998 with 13-3/4". Picture looks like 15" however...

The M-20 and the F-30HR are two entirely different models; there's no connection between the two other than that they were both in production during that particular period.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The M-20 and the F-30HR are two entirely different models; there's no connection between the two other than that they were both in production during that particular period.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Cool, might go for it , just because .

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for clarification Hans. All the literature I (and others) saw said different (like Gruhn's Guide to Vintage Guitars), so it is really time for your second book! :) Would be a nice Christmas gift!

Ralf

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarification Hans. All the literature I (and others) saw said different (like Gruhn's Guide to Vintage Guitars), so it is really time for your second book! :) Would be a nice Christmas gift!

Ralf

Amen to that !

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok another question or two

One is it came up that the f30 HR or just the f30 model itself carried a thinner depth then other versions . I f coarse have facts on said claims .

The other is does anyone have one be it a HR or reg F 30 to discribe it’s tone ? 😁