1954 Aristocrat on Reverb ? Opinons ??

eltuce

Reaction score
Well, I can tell you a lot about that guitar since it used to be mine. I sold it locally on consignment about a month ago. The tuners are not original and there is a small headstock repair, which they have failed to mention. The switch got smashed in at one point while it was mine, so that's another repair. It has had a refret which is great. It's a very comfortable guitar to play with a pretty full neck. I have a few Aristocrats and the bridge pickup on that one always sounded a bit muddy to me, which is why I chose to let that one go. They also have it priced way too high. Hope this helps!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Now that's what I call an honest review! Nice!

walrus

eltuce

Reaction score
And the price has suddenly gone down by almost 1500.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information ! Was your's s/n 1902 ? Did it have the same top pick wear ? I cannot see a repair around the switch . There cannot be too many of these out there . It is up in Canada .

eltuce

Reaction score
You know what? My apologies, you are correct, it isn't the same guitar. The disc around the switch looked just like the repair on mine, so I jumped to conclusions. Serial number on that one is 1902 and mine was 1905. I still feel you could do better price-wise with a little patience.

Reaction score
Thanks for all that information !! Not sure what a fair price is on this one but will look around .

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
That's a cool guitar! And it definitely has a lot of Guild history to it. The current "Vintage Guitar Magazine" Price Guide lists a 1954-1959 Aristocrat M-75 at $3300 to $4300. The Price Guide states that the estimate "shows low to high values for instruments in all-original, excellent condition with original case." From that point, the person making the valuation has to deduct according to the condition and originality of the individual guitar. I like to use the Price Guide as a reference point that helps me decide on what kind of offer to make. I have to admit that a "1954" is a rare instrument. I'll let others weigh in on how often they come up for sale.

Bill

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
IMHO, the guitar should be in better shape cosmetically for that price. Weirdly, the front of the headstock looks mint!

walrus